Thread: ram issue?

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default ram issue?

Just wondering if anyone knows what would be my prob. I tested a stick of ocz ddr2-800 on my asus p5n32-e sli plus motherboard, and it wont post.

so.. placed it in another slot, and tried again. still nothing.

now.. i know this stick of ram is good, since i put it back in my buddies comp and it works perfectly. so.. since its pretty popular stuff, would that be a compatability issue with the mobo, or is there a prob with my dimms?

what are the chances of that? i know i had to apply a pretty decent amount of force to get it in (and no, i did not insert backwards )

anyway, im waiting on 2 gigs of ocz plat xtc rev 2 ram now, and im wondering what everyones thoughts are on this. if i should be worried about my mobo being the issue, or the ram?

thanks in advance guys.

Default Re: ram issue?

All I could find was someone on the OCZ Forums had a problem with a P5N, but he could get it to POST after powercycling 4 times (whatever the hell he meant by that), so I don't know what's up. I'm assuming it's a compatibility thing, so, sorry dude.

Haven't heard much about the other stuff you bought, except I think it has more compatibility with stuff (if I remember what I read, I was thinking about buying OCZ for my build, but read about, what else, compatibility problems). My motherboard didn't like RAM with a voltage over 2V I think, and wouldn't accept any more with the stock BIOS. Perhaps you have the same problem? Try to find a stick of DDR2 that you can use long enough to flash a new BIOS and see what happens.
    RIP Bucko

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default Re: ram issue?

ill let you know what happens when i get the new ram in.. should be sent tommorow via airmail, so.. should have it friday sometime. gotta have this comp up and running, formatted, overclocked stable and ready to give to customer by sunday night. woo hoo.. gotta love tight time schedules