Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Ooooo...that's tight. Nicely done!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    OH MY DAYZ thats some slick moves there my boy, that looks unreal man!
    hounestly super cool looks on there really really impressed (can you tell lol!)

and i hope you dont mind but i will be using that sometime in the future it looks to good not to, obviously i would put my own twist on it and give full credit to you for the origanel ides if thats ok.
    Sure LOL,... you FREAK ME OUT MAN! I feel like im talk to my damn project!!!! AHHHH! It's talking to meeeee!!!
    Copyright.

Small update.

Aug-18-2007

My new "B"! Looks a lot better! The old "B" looks too whole?!?!

Came out pretty nice. You can see that rivet a bit though. It's not really that visible,... the cam is just bring it out and throwing it in your face really. YHou can hardly see them in person. I actaully fixed the others nicely! I heat up the rivet heads and tapped them with the hammer. I think it's called plenishing?!?! The process of smoothing out with a hammmer. After plenishing,... a bit of sanding and polishing again and they are practically gone.

The background cover. I'm cutting what I need off of this old piece of aluminum I got cheap at a scrap yard. You wouldnt believe and many sheets like you they had there!!! Scrap yards have a ton of material that is very usable for what we do and for very cheap!

There's my piece that I need to cut. This aluminum is very hard. Not all that good for bend. It tears because its so hard. I believ with enough heat you can bend it but it is hard. I have a lot of sanding to do.

Sanded it clean. OMG! I started with the 80 grit paper and damn,... after 15 minutes I had to get out the 40! There were a lot of deep scratched from whatever was used to give this panel the brushed look.

The area in which this thing will cover. You see how there some of the mobotray that wont be covered? Thats because of the hardware on the side panels. these bars have to fit in there. I actually dont mind. It goes along with the idea of covering up stuff but not all of it. sounds wierid I know. Later on in the future when I start working on cEVO,... you'll see.

This is it for now. Going to sleep and then go back.
    Copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by tribaloverkill View Post
    Sure LOL,... you FREAK ME OUT MAN! I feel like im talk to my damn project!!!! AHHHH! It's talking to meeeee!!!
    lol! this project is that slick im surprised it cant talk back to you
    but on a serious note you do some inspiring work and it was this project that inspired me to make my custom aluminum case wich is nearing completion so thank again

Oh.
    My.
    God.

SW33T!!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

SW33T!!
    My words exactly lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

It's amazing how you made those mountings on the letters. Really great job, i wouldn't have thought about such a way to mount them in my whole modding life.

I would have used a crew with a nice flat head and glue him with some superglue on the back of the letter. But you.....
    My TBCS worklogs:

HTPC Onkyo look(active!)
    Alien Hospital(on hold) - Chemical Industrial(finished) - Cosmod(finished)
    Other finished projects:
    I-spider - Chemical Overdose - The Praetorian

I liked your previous B, but must say this B looks even better. Great innovative modding.

Quote Originally Posted by _ferry_ View Post
    It's amazing how you made those mountings on the letters. Really great job, i wouldn't have thought about such a way to mount them in my whole modding life.

I would have used a crew with a nice flat head and glue him with some superglue on the back of the letter. But you.....
    Ehh someone asked me why I did it this way instead of gluing and my answer was,... i'm I like rock solid, hardware. You know what I mean?
    Copyright.

i idolize those letters man, the 2nd B look soooooo good