Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chemical industrial

Default Chemical industrial

Welcome at my new project.

You've might noticed i already have a featured worklog running, but that one is on hold for +/- a month. Meanwhile i'm going to build this mod, actually to participate with the Dutch casemod championchip.

The subject is quite the same as the name for this mod, very industrial.

I've made some kind of casemod before, and that one was very populair:

That photo came backfrom CeBIT 2005 in germany, but i have no other recent pictures of it.

This case will have a total different size, and the watercooling will be build in. Also that case had no paint, only metal and plastic wich was rusty, it became that rusty with special paint. I'll use some of that at this mod as well. Including damaged parts, dirt and scratches. The case will be completely black, bu the sides will have a black/yellow striping, like those warning signs you might know.

Let's start with this, 2 metal frames and some u-profile.
    I can weld it myself, we have all the tools for it, including a heavy machine saw and a 1337 welding mask witch darkens itself when you start welding (they should create sunglasses like that!)
    In the beginning i was tinking about using those 2 frames as a radiator, but i expected problems with oxidation due to the water which runs trough it. So i'll be using a normal 360mm radiator in the middle of this case.

This is also 1 of the base materials. I even need much more of it. 3mm UVgreen and 5mm Black acrylic panels were used.

After some welding (i don't have any pictures while working on it, i rather keep my Canon EOS400D away from the hot metal parts and metal dust) Inside you see a Coolermaster centurion frame as a reference.

Here you see the sidepanel, i took a sheet of meshX panel, bend the edges and it fits There is a plastic foil on it, in fact you wonder what that strange white surface is.

I have done much more work than this, but i think it would be better to spread the work i've done in multiple updates. It should be finished at the end of march, but after that date i can do some minor update you would barely notice at the photo's (software, details etc). The final is at the 22'th of april.

Default Re: Chemical industrial

What another mod from ferry? The gods are smiling today! Watching this dude.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

What another mod from ferry? The gods are smiling today!
    Agreed! I love your builds man, can't wait to see what's next.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Today is going to be a good day.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Let's hava update time

Actually this old intercompost is the only part that will be shown outside, because i need some button's for the lights etc. I thought it would be a good controll panel for that.

Next thing was the inside, there is a large aluminium sheet which covers the cable's, radiator and powersupply. Took some time to cut and fold it, but it fits very well.

These strips hold the aluminium cap on its place.

Also welded some holding frames for powersupply and radiator.

After that the cover, including a 7xHDD bracket fits nicely.

Only a few days left before i had to show pictures of my case to enter the competition. Lot's of work left to do, and i'm not gonna make it, but at least i'm trying to get parts together to give a good idea how it should look like. Lights, electric stuff and cooling will be done after that.

The aluminium shield is hard to remove when all the hardware is in the case. I decided to make the HDD's removable

Like that

Just a shot while modding

Some nice shots of the plexi-stuff. Still wondering where they are for? I need 4 of them to use at the corners. Including 25 led's each to create nice light effects.

While building this case i noticed a how-to on the internet to create a mini studio, so i build one. Actually i need some extra spotlights, all i have right now is a TL light and a flash unit. But the effect is already quite good.

The HDD's on the pictures are dead ones, i'll be using 2 or 4 s-ata disks when the system will be finished.

I had some of these a.c.ryan cables, but they aren't the right size. So i decided to build myself a correct one.

I cn fit the s-ata cable on this way, beneath the radiator, right to the motherboard.

I'd also glued plexi corner nr3

And here is the custom power cable. Only yellow and black, to fit the theme

Imagine yourself the sanding, dust removing and base painting, and then you'll get a black case, this is not final, but good to see how it looks in black.

This week i also received some watercooling parts, like this pump. Actually it was just a little too big so i removed 1cm of acrylic with the metal saw, that worked even better than i tought

Left= normal, right= cutted.

There is a place next to the power supply where the pump should fit. With some 90 degree corners i should be able to connect it to the rest of the system. It's hard to get it all connected on a nice way.

Hole for the pump and power supply. I want a radgrill, but still waiting for them (hury up a.c.ryan hehe)

*tadaa* reservoir is done.

Those drips are just water, not glue. It will be mounted on top of the aluminium cover, right above the radiator.

That's it

Nice mod. Keep up the good work.

I wish they had a modding tournament near me :p
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Anodized

lookin great keep up the exelent work

Good luck with the Dutch championships dude! We're behind ya!
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Congrats on making the front page! The mod is lookin killer.