Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

Default Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

The kind folks at Apevia have donated this case to the winner;

Take a good look, because the X-PLEASURE case is also the base for this challenge. Apevia has donated the case. It is the X-Pleasure-BK with _no_ power supply. MCE.com has donated $100 to help defray the expense of shipping this case.

Challenge:
    The Modder's Challenge starts with the prize. Use the X-PLEASURE case as the base of your design and create a vandal proof computer. Protection from the elements will be provided. The hard part is protecting the computer from the humans. That's your job. Think of it as a public computer with flair. Be reasonable though, Heat guided Taser charges may not be fitting in a public place...

Budget:
    Again, keep it reasonable, but keep track of what the rough costs are. Don't worry about shipping, taxes and labor, just the cost of the items.

Restrictions:
    The final case must be recognizable as the original. Keep the look of the X-Pleasure case and build upon it. Extra credit for designing input devices and a monitor that fits in with the design.

Judging:
    Designs will be judged on the following criteria;
    • Originality
    • How well was the challenge met?
    • Budget
    • Presentation
    • Creativity
    • Buildability *I reserve the right to randomly make up terms...

Judges:
    • CrimsonSky
    • Airbozo
    • jbdnsn
    • gaz_the_chav
    • tybrenis

Submissions:
    You must be a member of TBCS to enter. All submissions must include a description of your design, pictures of your concept and a rough budget outline. These can be as simple as hand drawn or as elaborate as 3d animations with voice over by William Hartnell. Remember to elaborate on specific details. All submissions must be in electronic format (as attachments).

Please submit your entries to:
    challenge@thebestcasescenario.com

Time Limit:
    1 Month +
    The Challenge starts on May 1 2007 and ends on June 15 2007. All entries must be submitted by midnight June 15, 2007 GMT. Winners will be posted the week of June 18, 2007.

Resources:
    This is just to get the ideas started, but your search engine is your best friend.

Last edited by Airbozo; 05-25-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Changed deadline for submissions.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Modder's Challenge #3: Vandal Proof!

By any chance is there a 3D model of the X-PLEASURE case?
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

By any chance is there a 3D model of the X-PLEASURE case?
    That is so funny you should ask, Airbozo is working on getting one from Apevia and I don't think they've gotten back to him on it yet. But rest assured, if they send him one he'll post it for you.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

What jdbnsn said.

I have been waiting for Apevia to get back to me on this and decided that I was not waiting anymore. I hope to hear back from them soon and will post any information here when I get it.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Overclocked

yes please urge them to get that to us. its too hard to make on of those by hand for each competitor, or you could make a fake one that sorta resembles it and have everyon use that so that it would at least level the 3d field
    "Two people can keep a secret only if one is dead." Abraham Lincoln

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Do we HAVE to use a 3D modeling program or are hand drawn sketches acceptable?

...of course, a 3D model would probably win some extra points huh? lol

**Thanks, I can be a tard sometimes.**
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Do we HAVE to use a 3D modeling program or are hand drawn sketches acceptable?

...of course, a 3D model would probably win some extra points huh? lol

The rules are as follows

Submissions:
    You must be a member of TBCS to enter. All submissions must include a description of your design, pictures of your concept and a rough budget outline. These can be as simple as hand drawn or as elaborate as 3d animations with voice over by William Hartnell. Remember to elaborate on specific details. All submissions must be in electronic format (as attachments).

Please submit your entries to:
    challenge@thebestcasescenario.com
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Overclocked

uh thats not it, what if someone "spilled a drink"* hint hint* or tried to destroy it on purpose, and plus if you just add a tether make that tether have some flair make it look cool, just make it rock out
    "Two people can keep a secret only if one is dead." Abraham Lincoln

Damn, I read vandal prove and I started coming up with ideas I was hoping to base it on server case I have lying around, Using the designated case makes one of my ideas a bit more difficult to implement. Oh well back to the drawing board (literally).

Edit: Nevermind, I was looking at the pictures closer and it has the feature I wanted.

Is it alright to chop up the back panel of the case as long as the rest looks original?
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy