Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: broke my arm

Default broke my arm

ya, broke my arm this time, not my leg...not too much visible damage but i severely cracked my radius? and twisted my ulna? (forgot which one was which) still in a splint for a couple days to let the swelling go down, cant think of how to paint the cast when i get it any ideas?

tinfoil-underwear

Default Re: broke my arm

Damn man!

You can be really different, and install some LEDs.
    Maybe some nice paint job... something that... Maybe like a "see-through" of the cast, and the "inside" of your arm is a mechanical-system like Terminator's.
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

ooh, thatd be REALLY cool, not sure i can do that with my left hand though

So, the important question would be;

HOW?

Did you take a tumble off the 15' pipe at your local skate park or slip and fall on some spilled milk?

Oh and I am for the LED mod. You could power them with a battery...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Drive on down to 29 Palms and have Commando hook up some wicked airbrush skulls and flames on a carbon fiber background when you get your cast. Better yet, get some carbon fiber, and take it to them and tell them to form your cast out of it. LED's would be awesome too. A small battery pack with 3 watch batteries and you're set.

Seriously, broken bones suck. I broke my right hand back in November cuz I was pissed off and punched a wall. Not too smart of me. Here's to hoping you feel better soon.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    Drive on down to 29 Palms and have Commando hook up some wicked airbrush skulls and flames on a carbon fiber background when you get your cast. Better yet, get some carbon fiber, and take it to them and tell them to form your cast out of it. LED's would be awesome too. A small battery pack with 3 watch batteries and you're set.

Seriously, broken bones suck. I broke my right hand back in November cuz I was pissed off and punched a wall. Not too smart of me. Here's to hoping you feel better soon.
    lol are you crazy ?! he would have to live with it for the rest of his life lol =))

be easy on the arm for a week or so and then start to move your fingers otherwise your arm muscles are going to lose mas, and create more mobility issues after the cast is of

the first weeks are easy, but only after that it starts to get nasty, you get very easily irritated

i had a few broken bones and ribs, it suck, but at least it was worth it for me ! (mountain bike wipe outs, speed descents etc)

hope it was worth it for you, and not some childish mistake (<hint> sgtm <hint>)

LOUD AND PROUD !

Sorry to hear that man! Maybe more whole milk and less juice boxes/sugar soda will help prevent all these young people breaking limbs like twigs. Get better soon.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Resident Alcoholic

Unlucky mate! Hope it heals soon and you dont need surgery!

As for painting it - be very careful. The inside of the cast is super-absorbant and any paint that touches it will spread out and end up touching your skin. You DON'T want to have paint on your skin for 6 weeks - Some paints will simply disolve your skin in that amount of time!

If I were you I would just permenant marker it - you can apply permenant marker through a stencil to get pretty cool effects!
    H

I must be the only one who's never broken a bone..?

It's not that I dont take risks.. I'm into downhill biking also, and I've had more than my share of failed landings, tree kisses, and general stupidity related tumbles.

Not to mention hit by a car, a bike, an axe (in the face no less!) and several baseballs to the back of the head (running for home).

LED mod for the cast gets my vote.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

LOL. One of my fave stories from back when I was a Corpsman is about a marine who came to see us at the hospital. He was cradling a (very) broken fist and his explanation was that he had gotten pissed off and punched a wall... We set it and sent him on his merry way. He was back within an hour! Limping... He said that he got pissed off over breaking his hand so he had kicked his locker and broken his foot... The sad thing was that we had to write him up after the second one.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein