Thread: 2 in 1 case!

Default 2 in 1 case!

So, I'm stuck covering for a friend while he's out of the office (but I can't complain because in exchange for this favor he's going to write my servo program for the Jungle Tumble case), and I was looking through the finished worklogs. I glanced quickly at Dave's Tip-3000 and misunderstood what he said, but that misunderstanding gave me a great idea! You see, Dave did this really neat thing where he did a montage of computer parts on the right side of his mod, which I actually mistook for a second motherboard when just glancing over. So then I thought, why not? What do you guys think of trying to build TWO PCs into one case?

I'm thinking a big full tower, like the Antec p190 or the Lian Li PC10 Aluminum case, which I couldn't find a URL for. If you put the motherboards back to back on a central plate (attatched with brackets or something), then extend the window on the right and get a mobo with all onboard stuff so only the ram will pop out....

Default Re: 2 in 1 case!

Although I don't know what half of that is, being new to the community. The idea of having a gaming computer, and a work computer built into one case is pretty nifty IMO. But maybe throw in a KVM switch, with the buttons on the front of the case.

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: 2 in 1 case!

I was looking to do something similar...I saw a review that had 4 pc's in one case... I was going to do it for LAN parties by running 4 servers in one case...it's a cool idea and alot easier to move one case with 2 pc's then 2 full pc's around, and Bajawoojie's idea of the KVM switch is a good one, I didn't think of that for mine.