Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crysis

Default Re: Crysis

Sorry there only porting it to ps3 but its not gonna be the same game. Completely different the ps3 cant handle crysis as it is.
    I have a 6800 too were basically screwed we are at absolute minimum. And I cant even run it on my main monitor 1680x1050

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I can run some games at reasonably high graphics like CnC3 at 1280x1024 (my monitor's max rez) but I find that other like Oblivion and Supreme Commander (which is a graphics whore of an RTS, I don't like it much due to that) I have to run at low resolutions, Oblivion is from between 640x480 and 1024x768 on High and SC was like 1024x768 (which is **** for an RTS) on low. I'm probably just gonna build a new rig in a few years with really good components and use this as a backup or something. I most likely won't play Crysis anyway as I don't do too good at FPS games, I just suck at shooting in them due to lack of experience (and I can't because of paranoid parents and stupid court crap that they love to drag on) or something like that.
    /rambling

Ahh well, I guess my neighbor might get it for PC and I'll watch him play it, that's more fun anyway. But yeah, for games I usually have a lower rez, I don't want an FPS at too high of a rez because it's too taxing on the video card, put it on the lowest and work your way up. With RTS it's a different story, the higher it is the better as I can see more of the battlefield making it easier to manage what I'm doing. I'm pretty much happy with what I've got and I'm broke, no job atm and am starting college, better get used to being broke.
    /"hijack"

You can run crysis its just gonna be really low settings I think the estimate lowest card is the 6600 so you can definately play it. Also keep in mind that crysis fully supports dual/quad core processors and will run better if you have one.

Case Wizard

So I saw that if you pre-order the game, you get an in-game exclusive unlockable, the NK Amphibious APC. Does anyone have more info relating to this vehicle. Like is it for single or multiplayer?

Short description of the vehicle itself on GameStop:
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?...%5Fid=B646828A

hmm i will have to go to eb games and see if i can preorder it.

in the first video i posted it said no co-op play but nothinng about multi. just have to wait some more or do more looking, hopefully it will be mutli.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Case Wizard

You mean no co-op for the whole game or for use with that vehicle? I'm pretty sure you mean for the whole game because I don't recall anything about planning a co-op option. But I do know for sure there will be multiplayer. I remember the developers saying that mulitplayer should be interesting because the nano suit powers will be available. I think this was an interview a long ways back on IGN.

yeah i was wondering about that, doesn't the nano suit basically give you invincibility?

ya i meant for the whole game no co-op play. hopefully they do a good job on multiplayer and it should not only be a successful game over all but good a mutliplayer.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Minimum Specs:

* CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+/Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz;
    * GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 / ATI Radeon X800GTO (SM 2.0);
    * RAM: 768MB/1GB on Windows Vista;
    * HDD: 6GB;
    * Internet: 256k+;
    * Optical Drive: DVD;
    * Software: DirectX 9.0c with Windows XP.

Recommended Specs:

* CPU: Dual-core processor (Athlon X2/Pentium D/Core 2 Duo);
    * GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX / ATI Radeon X1800XT (SM3.0) or DirectX10 equivalent;
    * RAM: 1.5GB;
    * HDD: 6GB;
    * Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream);
    * Optical Drive: DVD;
    * Software: DirectX 10 with Windows Vista

These specs are surprisingly low compared to what many of us were expecting, as Crysis certainly contains some jaw-dropping visuals. It is interesting to note, however, that Vista and DirectX 10 are recommended, but a DirectX10 card is not. This may be just because there aren't any on the market yet, but it could also mean all those awesome visuals are just DirectX 9 code...which would mean a substantial bar-raising for other game manufacturers and what they do with the older hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos
    These specs are surprisingly low compared to what many of us were expecting, as Crysis certainly contains some jaw-dropping visuals. It is interesting to note, however, that Vista and DirectX 10 are recommended, but a DirectX10 card is not. This may be just because there aren't any on the market yet, but it could also mean all those awesome visuals are just DirectX 9 code...which would mean a substantial bar-raising for other game manufacturers and what they do with the older hardware.
    Uh, what? There are many DX10 cards on the market. Every 8*00 series card is DX10, the 2900 series ATI cards are... And either way, if Vista and DX10 were recommended, a DX10 card would have to be recommended too, because you can't put DX10 on a DX9 card.

And yes, some of those awesome visuals are using DX9. Same with Lost Planet. It's got some nice visuals too for a game that can run on DX9.
    RIP Bucko

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    yeah i was wondering about that, doesn't the nano suit basically give you invincibility?

ya i meant for the whole game no co-op play. hopefully they do a good job on multiplayer and it should not only be a successful game over all but good a mutliplayer.
    It doesn't give you invincibility, it does give you invisibility for a short period though.