Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crysis

Default Re: Crysis

Quote Originally Posted by Durrthock View Post
    They got crysis running fine maxed on on 8800gtx
    are you saying that as a fact or your surprised it's running on a GTX? how much of a powerful pc do you need?
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

No I'm stating the fact that the devs got the game maxed on the 8800gtx and thats what you need I find people always waste their money buying overkill so i'm saying you don't need sli 8800ultras and a qx6800 to max it. Also that was a badly optimized version of the game in an early stage which means it runs worse and I believe that was above 60 fps. Dx10 is a way of optimizing performance by making the files used smalled thus allowing you to put more of something hand have it load as fast as if it was dx9 objects and the graphical stand point people
    sometimes seem to forget that dx10 cards are the most powerful dx9 cards on the market as well. The game is probably going to max with good fps on a 2gb of ram/ 8800gts 640/ e6600. So all i'm doing is trying to prevent people from wasting money on buying parts to max it thinking they need sli 8800s or a q6600
    Also I urge people to remember that this is an fps and is *not* an rpg because alot of people upgraded for oblivion and were happy they did because people and put 1000s of hours into that game and then people also upgraded for fear and they were not as happy because fear although a good game is not worth 1000 dollars to play.

So yes peoples computers can run this the technology is scaled so that it will work on 3 year olny high end computer and it will scale forward 1.5 years.

Well thats it eh why not

I'm probably going to get a 8800GTS 320MB, because for starters, I have a tiny CRT monitor that runs 1024x786, and also I have no money . Then I'll do SLI, then new monitor, because mine is fine for now.

So lets hope that I can run Crysis on good settings with that.
    RIP Bucko

Also I urge people to remember that this is an fps and is *not* an rpg because alot of people upgraded for oblivion and were happy they did because people and put 1000s of hours into that game and then people also upgraded for fear and they were not as happy because fear although a good game is not worth 1000 dollars to play.
    I LOVE F.E.A.R. and it was a big reason for my upgrading my system when I did. I hate Oblivion and if I didn't get it for a birthday present I would never have put as much time into 'giving it a chance' as I did.

Playing Oblivion because it was a birthday present... $1400.00
    Playing F.E.A.R. on high and loving every minute of it... PRICELESS!
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I have been keeping a very close eye on all of the Crysis media. Im also going to prepare my computer for the godliness:

With the intel Price drop coming up (July 22nd) I'm going to sell my E6700 2.66GHz for $280 and buy a E6850 3.0GHz for $266. The reason the E6700 is more expensive (and can be sold locally for more) is because the price-drop doesn't affect it. In addition to the new proc, Im getting a 8800GTS 640MB once I sell my X1900XTX and some Corsair Dominator 2GB DDR2 1066 RAM after I sell my OCZ 2GB DDR2 800 RAM.

My comp right now could probably run Crysis at Med-High settings @ 1280x720, DX9. With my upgrades Im aiming for High-Full Settings @ 1680x1050 DX10.

-Indybird

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    I'm going to sell my E6700 2.66GHz for $280 and buy a E6850 3.0GHz for $266. The reason the E6700 is more expensive (and can be sold locally for more) is because the price-drop doesn't affect it.
    HUH? if you are saying you can sell your slower processor for more money than you can buy a new, faster one just because the price drop won't effect the cost of a E6700? Maybe I'm just confused but why would anyone in their right mind pay more money for a used slower processor?

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post

My comp right now could probably run Crysis at Med-High settings @ 1280x720, DX9. With my upgrades Im aiming for High-Full Settings @ 1680x1050 DX10.

-Indybird
    Your computer right now could probably Max crysis in dx9
    The better part about the second one is at that resolution (the same on I use)
    you need none or minimal aa or af

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    I LOVE F.E.A.R. and it was a big reason for my upgrading my system when I did. I hate Oblivion and if I didn't get it for a birthday present I would never have put as much time into 'giving it a chance' as I did.

Playing Oblivion because it was a birthday present... $1400.00
    Playing F.E.A.R. on high and loving every minute of it... PRICELESS!
    I wasn't going to cover everyone in those statements. I glad you loved fear but my point was its an fps and unless your a pro gamer the online play will eventually get boring. So I don't want some people to upgrade and then find out theres only 50hrs of gameplay in there or something like that. although its made by the makers of farcry and that still has a huge following

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Durrthock View Post
    Your computer right now could probably Max crysis in dx9
    The better part about the second one is at that resolution (the same on I use)
    you need none or minimal aa or af
    Are you sure? Because I can't run DiRT higher than Med-High @ 1280x720. I can't imagine Crysis would take less performance than that...

Quote Originally Posted by rendermandan View Post
    HUH? if you are saying you can sell your slower processor for more money than you can buy a new, faster one just because the price drop won't effect the cost of a E6700? Maybe I'm just confused but why would anyone in their right mind pay more money for a used slower processor?
    Im going to sell the slower one at a local computer store that isn't going to get the faster one for another two months. They're still selling the E6700 at $380. I'd say -$100 for being used is a good deal in their minds.

Anyways I've got a problem here. What game should I pre-order right now? Unreal Tournament III -or- Crysis? I can only afford one and I already have a good place in line on UTIII but that can be cancelled for Crysis.

Dirt is badly optimized and also a resource hog. Thus running bad
    People with sli gtx's run dirt badly