Thread: i need a fast opinion

Fresh Paint

Default i need a fast opinion

can someone tell me what's a good video card i can get for a Dimension 3100, 512 MB ram, 2.83 ghz pentium 4 ht, and a 915GV chipset? thanks you.

Austral Alien

Default Re: i need a fast opinion

nVidia 8800GTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Fresh Paint

isnt that for like PCI-x16 or something? the best slot i have is like a PCI-E.

but thx anyways.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hello! View Post
    isnt that for like PCI-x16 or something? the best slot i have is like a PCI-E.

but thx anyways.
    You either have a pci-e slot for video card, or agp. but.. is you have other pci-e slots, then you have a pci-e x16 slot.

figure out what you have first. if you have agp, get a 7800 gs or something. your options are very limited and not cheap.

if you have pci-e, then you could go for something like a 8800gts. good bang for its buck. if its too pricy, ive seen lots of 7 series cards like a 7900gs goin for like 150 bucks CAD, which for that price is an awesome deal.

EDIT: NVM, i just looked into it a bit, and that system has neither agp or pci-e video slots. there are cards out there that run on pci-e slots, or even pci slots, but, they are far from the greatest to say the least.

and thats pretty much the reason why noone should ever buy a premade system, especially dell. cause they are crap, and difficult to upgrade if at all. id say, go out and get a new motherboard, but, then you'd probably need to get another case, or else it wont work anyway

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/review.aspx?CIaRID=3122

Is that your PC?

If you could, can you take a picture of the inside of your PC? Unless of course, you know for a fact what you have.

Theres a few different types of PCI-E. Mainly x16 and x1. If its bigger than a PCI then its x16. If its tiny, then its x1. If all you have are white slots, then all you have is PCI.

Whatever the case is, as soon as I know what you got, I'll help you the best I can. Btw, what is your price range?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.