Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Mod, 56k'ers be patient.

Default Re: My First Mod, 56k'ers be patient.

Well, Ive taken a break from BF2 (Awesome Game!!) and started on my case again. I just looked on fleabay and saw this.

Isnt it horrible, So I've just been to Argos to get one. No, not to mount on my wall or hold dvd's in. I will reveal all shortly.

But first I will post some more pics of the foul beast.

This is all that I am interested in that came out of the box.

Now this is my plan.

I'm sure you have all seen Crimsonsky's Doom 3 Worklog and if you havent SHAME ON YOU!

Now I have been looking to hide my CD drives and Floppy for a while and thought of a door like he has covering his LCD, I asked him for some help researching, manufacturing and general advice. He was most helpful but I am nowhere near as skilled as he is so making it myself is just far out of my league. Having it made professionally is too costly £150 for one. Where's my money tree when I need it?

So I plan to use the top and bottom of the cabinet as runners, trim the door slightly so it fits on front of my case and mount it. I plan to incorperate a lock into it also. Maybe when I get some money I will make it servo activated but not yet. I will just leave the room available in case.

If your still in the dark about my plan, I will post pics up when it has been completed.

Water Cooled

I did have to cut out the entire fan mount as there was a convex dome for an 80mm fan and if i left it there i wouldn't have had any mounting holes for my 120mm.
    the 120mm hole would have eliminated the 80mm convex dome. you wouldnt have had mounting holes, and thatswhy i said you could drill them out after placing the fan so it wouldnt interfere with the other small holes there. anyways, its too late now, maybe next time and that sliding door is gonna look great. ive never liked the usual doors on cases because they take up so much space and look ugly when you open them, but this will be the best choice imo

well whats done is done, i've cut one side and the corner off so that I have two identical corners now. trimmmed the sides down so they dont interfere with the cd bays etc. also cut 2 lengths off to hold the door when it is up. so now I just have to mount them. I would show you pics but my camera is playing silly buggers. Maybe time for a new one.

ATX Mental Case

Looking good. I usually don't like doors as i just leave them open because after the novelty has worn off they just get in the way and I am too lazy to open and close them, no matter what they look like. But as this is a mod, who cares about practicality? (except Frakk). Good luck, keep us updated.
    There is no other choice.

Sorry about the lack of updates, time and money seemed to be against me but now I really want to finish that case. expect pictures soon.