Thread: Virus problems

ATX Mental Case

Default Virus problems

apparently I've gotten a puter virus from somewhere or something... and I may be away for a little while depending on if I can fix it.... I have no clue how to fix it and it seems to be stopping anything from getting rid of it... I've tried avast.. doesnt work... I tried to install mcafee wouldnt even let it install... its crazy and I'm not sure what to do. sometimes it lets me get on the internet sometimes it doesnt I have no idea wth is going on. hopefully I can get this all worked out.

Current Mods: The Dark Side
    PLEASE Support The Cause.

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

Default Re: Virus problems

I remember one of my friends telling me about a virus that just couldn't be deleted by any program but AVG. So I'm not sure if your talkign about the same one. But if all else fails....reformat would be a good thing to do. Just hope and pray that the virus doesn't affect your hardware in any way.
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

have you tried SpyBot S&D, Adaware SE, hijackthis*.

*this program displays both good and bad things on your computer so if you don't know what your doing you can copy the scan and post it at www.castlecops.com and they will help you out.

@ dilphat lmao at the sig, +rep.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    have you tried SpyBot S&D, Adaware SE, hijackthis*.

*this program displays both good and bad things on your computer so if you don't know what your doing you can copy the scan and post it at www.castlecops.com and they will help you out.

@ dilphat lmao at the sig, +rep.
    Oooo...i never heard of SpyBot S&D, or Hijackthis. I'll probably check it out as soon as I wake up after this reply. Yay! fun new software to check out thanks Spawn for the software and the rep. +rep for noticing the sig and informing me of helpful software.

*sidenote when i can't get something to fit I do origami, then i mash it in! hahaah
    Last edited by Dilphat; 08-31-2007 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Sounds better
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

1) download new installation packages for your antivirus software and anti-spyware
    Antivir, Spybot S&D AND Adaware is the min package for free software imo.

2) de-install the existing installations.

3) reboot and go into safe mode with networking.

4) install from the new downloads, update and do full system scans.

If Spybot S&D finds stuff it can't remove and wants to start on next reboot let it. Sometimes it needs to do that to get rid of bugs before hey are loaded into the system at startup.

Still no luck? Try the Trend Micro Housecall online scan after that.

what crazy said was a good idea, also there are sevrel free online virus scanners that might beable to help.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Actually I found that Spyware Blaster (NOT spyblaster) is king! It prevents adware/spyware/malware from even loading on your computer. I tested it by going to some real BAD (Trust me) sites, I then ran Ad-Aware and it found ZERO hits.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Actually I found that Spyware Blaster (NOT spyblaster) is king! It prevents adware/spyware/malware from even loading on your computer. I tested it by going to some real BAD (Trust me) sites, I then ran Ad-Aware and it found ZERO hits.
    ya i do lots of "research" too hehe jking of course. all i have is nortan but, i only really check stuff if i get infected with big stuff. actually i should probably do a full clean now.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

norton isn't the best around, but you want something that scans everything, especialy stuff when your downloading it.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    norton isn't the best around, but you want something that scans everything, especialy stuff when your downloading it.
    Norton has one built in feature I dislike: Making every computer it is installed on slow to 70% of its former operating speed

Avira scans and blocks downloads and is free. For the first time in my life however I have personally decided that the risk reward profile on this issue has made it worthwhile to by some software. Risk: having to reinstall when the free one doesn't catch the bug.

I'm using Kaspersky Internet suite now. It is sharp as a knife at cutting bad downloads before they happen.