Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EVGA 680i LT vs. EVGA 680i

Default Re: EVGA 680i LT vs. EVGA 680i

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Omega View Post
    No rep + bad rep = negative. Fun.

But yeah with all the solutions I might stick with the 680i LT, I hate the stock heatpipe on the motherboard, ugly in my opinion (no offense to anyone) everyone has different views of what they like, if its removable than yeah I'll get a 680i.
    how dare you, its a rocking heat pipe - rep !!!! haha joking . but you can remove the heat sinks and add your own cooling. if you like the north bridge cooler you can cut the heat pipe off or maybe pull it out. then you can order a south bridge heat sink and fan from EVGA. and if you want a green box i will rep ya if you buy the 680i and get a picture up , go EVGA!!!
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    I think the rep system works pretty well. Yeah I know it doesn't mean much but you should get rewarded for a good job.

You will be able to remove the stock heatpipe from the eVGA 680i motherboard. I have seen it done before but to only replace the thermal compound with Arctic Silver 5. I guess you could always water cool both the northbridge and southbridge (southbridge may be hard depending on how long your GPU is) or you could go for after market copper heatsinks. I use a Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II (northbridge) on my DFI 680i lt board and would recommends it to anyone. The loudest part of my rig is the southbridge fan so you may want to consider a fan less option.
    I'd prefer not being red or, grey, lol.

And thanks for the info, that I'm gld to hear.
    So it looks like for my B-Day im getting a 680i, oh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    how dare you, its a rocking heat pipe - rep !!!! haha joking . but you can remove the heat sinks and add your own cooling. if you like the north bridge cooler you can cut the heat pipe off or maybe pull it out. then you can order a south bridge heat sink and fan from EVGA. and if you want a green box i will rep ya if you buy the 680i and get a picture up , go EVGA!!!
    I'll have to do that then lol.
    And yeah I'm definitely just gonna pull it off, cutting it off would really, suck. Cant wait till my B-day now lol everyones kinda treating me
    General Omega.
    Cooling Modder.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

What to you intend to replace the stock cooling with?

Yeah go EVGA!!! If Spawn +reps you, you will get crap loads haha.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Custom Title Honors

Not to go to far off subject
    I used to have a 680i TR version but RMA'd it and got an A1 board and replaced the stock thermal paste with AS5 and noticed a difference in my processor temp. I didn't check to see if there was a difference on the A1 board alone, but from what I remember, with the stock paste on the north/south bridge of the TR the cpu temps were about 5* C warmer with the northbridge fan) then the A1 with the AS5 and no northbridge fan. I am using the Retail cpu cooler and the stock north/southbridge heatsink without fan.