Thread: video help

Default video help

I've just downloaded a video and it is in .rar, .rar1, etc. format. How do I convert it into a nice format?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Default Re: video help

.rar is like a zip file. Here is a tool to decompress it.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

a better program is Universal Extractor, it will extract almost any compressed file

.rar is a compression file. Get hold of WinRar from IndyRacer's link.

Then you need to find the first one in the seriies usually .rar or .r00 or .rar00 something like that, make sure all the .rar files are in the same location and drag the file from the first archive into a folder or to the desktop. It should automatically extract the whole file through looking at the other rar files finding which is next.

Thanks, that helps a lot. It says I need a codec, so where and which one do I need?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Thanks, that helps a lot. It says I need a codec, so where and which one do I need?
    That all depends on what you're trying to watch. DVD I'm guessing? Whenever I am told I need a codec, I say screw you to whatever program I'm trying to use it in, and use VLC Media Player. It plays just about every format of anything you'll ever encounter.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    RIP Bucko

After I used winrar and put it in a folder, Only one video appears and I click on it. It automatically says go to upload.codec.com to get the right one. I downloaded a pack of codecs but it still didn't work. So I will try that player.