Thread: Looking for some software...

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Looking for some software...

I am needing to do a layouot for my ongoing mod involving circuit patterns, as seen on a printed circuit board. They do not have to be actual circuits, just the cool lines, angles and circles at the ends. None of the admittedly old and mundane software I have seems capable of doing this without countless hours of tedious draw/redraw/line/circle/copy/paste/blahlahblah. Can anyone recommend software to achieve this? Preferably that does not carry a huge price tag? (Thought this would be fairly simple, but apparently not.)
    ________
    Suzuki Boulevard S50 Specifications
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Default Re: Looking for some software...

My first result was FreePCB, but I don't know how good/easy it is. Then we have PCB123 (which is fun to say). It looks a lot more user friendly than FreePCB, and is free. Those look like the only two worth while free programs.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    My first result was FreePCB, but I don't know how good/easy it is. Then we have PCB123 (which is fun to say). It looks a lot more user friendly than FreePCB, and is free. Those look like the only two worth while free programs.
    You are the MAN! +REP for the speedy help, thanks!!!
    ________
    CHRYSLER (DIVISION)

No problem dude. I actually found PCB123 as a Sponsored Ad in my Google search, and I was pretty surprised at the product. Free, easy (looking), seems to have some good features.. FreePCB looks good if you want just straight up PCB design, but since I don't have any idea how to design a PCB, they both look hard .
    RIP Bucko

Dude, these programs are great but they are at least twelve times the program I need. After fiddling with them I realized that all I need is a drawing program that has a snap-to grid and will draw lines and circles. I'm pretty sure I can do it with these, but they are not simple. I'll keep working with them, meanwhile might anyone know anything geared more toward the, say, 4-6 year-old age group? MS Paint with a snap-to grid would be perfect.
    ________
    SUZUKI GSX-R600 HISTORY

LOL, well, then you might want a CAD program. CadStd is free. Otherwise, GIMP is a Photoshop-like photo editor that can draw straight lines... No snap-to though.
    RIP Bucko