Thread: Audio Trouble =[

Fresh Paint

Default Audio Trouble =[

Well, im missing my audio mixer on my OS and i can hear anything an my computer doesnt detect my speakers!!! help please
    The best art is stolen--Bill Gates

Default Re: Audio Trouble =[

I need to confirm.. your audio mixer is missing, you CANT hear anything, and it doesnt detect speakers, correct?

If so..

Open the control panel, go to system, click on hardware, then hit the device manager button. In the list, do you see any yellow exclamation points (!) or red X's? If so, that indicates a hardware problem.

If the device in question is your soundcard, this is definitely the problem. Right click on it, and choose "Enable". (This only works if it's disabled.. try it.) If you cannot enable it, try to remove it, then reboot the computer. It should re-detect, and it should auto install.

If that doesnt work (or it doesnt appear in the device manager at all), heres the next step.

If it's onboard sound (built into the motherboard), go into your BIOS, and make sure it's enabled. If it's a card, make sure it's seated (plugged in) securely and properly.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Audio Trouble =[ urgent

I looked and thats not it the volume control is missing that is supposed to be in the task tray....I don't have a sound card installed...URGENT NEED OF ASSITANCE +{
    The best art is stolen--Bill Gates

So the only problem is the missing volume control?

Open your control panel, go to "Sounds and Audio Devices", and then put a check mark on "Place Volume Icon on the task bar". Then click OK.

If there is already a checkmark there, take it out, click apply, then put it back, and click apply again.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

have you tried to restart, press F8 repeatedly till it comes to the Boot options page, and then select Boot to last known working configuration? That helps in most cases.

If not it could be that your driver is old and you might need to update or replace your audio driver.