Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even more cooling!

Default Re: Even more cooling!

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    thanks,

i ran 2 pumps because before that i ran dual loops and thus needed 2 pumps. i can run the whole setup off 1 pump, but i like the redundancy of it.

you can get higher flow or high pressure. if you run your pumps in series (like mine) you get high head pressures - good for restrictive blocks
    if you run parallel then you get more flow which isn't really needed these days with current blocks. you need about 1-1.5 GPM. after that there is very little gains in performance.
    Thanks, I'm going to need a lot of pressure for my next project... Is there such thing as too much pressure?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrNintend0 View Post
    Thanks, I'm going to need a lot of pressure for my next project... Is there such thing as too much pressure?
    It depends on the rest of the loop. Too much pressure is only a problem if either:
    a) the liquid is moving too fast across the blocks to adequately transfer heat off them
    or
    b) the pressure is higher than the joints and rads can handle. I forget who it was, but I remember reading through somebody's worklog a while back, who was using an old heater-core for their rad, and they had so much pressure going into it that it actually ruptured the rad at a few points.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I forget who it was, but I remember reading through somebody's worklog a while back, who was using an old heater-core for their rad, and they had so much pressure going into it that it actually ruptured the rad at a few points.
    I remember someone cleaning up a case, which he bought used, that had a pump the previous owner used that busted to pieces as well...

Thanks for the answer x88x