Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Get To Know Each Other

Anodized

Default Re: Get To Know Each Other

Name: Erik Eriksson
    Hobbies: guitar, modding, software development, web-development, creativity and problem solving (much on a theoretical level, though)
    Occupation: PhD student (should be done in May 2007(!), like that's going to happen...)
    Mods: brain in a jar (planning, learning, reading)
    Computer: 1 win, 1 linux, 1 laptop, plus my gf's and the two in the office (one linux, one windows).

As for modding I just don't understand how you guys get the time (but it's all about priority I guess). Currently, the biggest time drain is my kid, which isn't even born yet and is already claiming a large part of my time... naming, shopping, research etc.

I also must say that where I live the wheather is good (Thank you gulf-stream and Norway). The only complaint I have is that there is no spring. We go from winter to summer in about 4 hours.

-.erik
    These go to eleven. -- Nigel, This is Spinal Tap

maximan1

About the kid part.

We're all pretty annoying, so get your rest while you can

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus.
    Yeah, you have to get a work permit. I think anyone under 18 has to get one.
    Dont kno where you live but I live in texas and my sister was 15 when she got a job no work permit, my bro was 17 when he got a job no permit, and im 15 now about to start putting in my application for some stores in a month or so and I dont have to get a work permit.

maximan1

Wow Texas is a highly illegal state here in California...wait a minute

ATX Mental Case

As for modding I just don't understand how you guys get the time (but it's all about priority I guess). Currently, the biggest time drain is my kid, which isn't even born yet and is already claiming a large part of my time... naming, shopping, research etc.
    Time drain??! Research?! Id be dead meat if the misses saw me writing like that

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    I forgot to mention. I also have a house outside my office window that has a pen full of puppies I can watch play with each other as I work.

:p
    The view from my office looks like this...

Puppies...

Rankenphile

Location: Sedro-Woolley, Washington (tiny town, about 8000 total people)
    Hobbies: gaming (computer, console, board and card), building things, breaking things, hurting myself in the process and swearing a lot. Also, Warhammer.
    Mods: Ultimate Arcade (on hold), a number of small projects, but nothing worth sharing yet
    Computer: 2 windows desktops, one laptop, lots of broken/soon to be broken computers, one really old working computer which will be subject of mod project.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by FyR
    Time drain??! Research?! Id be dead meat if the misses saw me writing like that
    I might have formulated myself ill. What I meant was that research, shopping and naming the child takes time. Not that I mind, it's just that when you go out to find somthing, you don't really know what you need, so you end up with three alternatives, buying neither and going back home to scan for better prices / look up safety details etc. On top of that, we have the option of using my sister-in-laws stuff (they have a one-year-old), but they can't make up their minds on which of their stuff we can have...

However, it is rather fun, and I'm looking forward bringing a kid up, getting to play with lego and computers and stuff, legitimetly, YAY!

-.erik
    These go to eleven. -- Nigel, This is Spinal Tap

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by tennysol
    The view from my office looks like this...

Puppies...
    Pretty nice. I dont see them every day but im only about 15 minutes from a mirina and about 45 minutes from Galveston, Texas.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by .jrauck
    Pretty nice. I dont see them every day but im only about 15 minutes from a mirina and about 45 minutes from Galveston, Texas.
    Thanks...worked hard to get here...should have seen my last workspace! What a crap hole...
    I'm lucky enough now to work about 3 minute drive from the beach...