Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So I'm completely re-designing my site

Default So I'm completely re-designing my site

I've had it for years, and I've never really fully got it up. I've gone from design to design. I did find some of my old files with one of my more recent designs. I decided I liked it, and am basing my current one off of it, but modifying it and not using any of the original files. Lately I've been piecing it together, trying to form it as I go along and whatnot.

Here's what I've done with it so far

Once I actually have content up, that footer there with the copyright thing will be at the bottom.

What I'm looking for is some opinons and some ideas. One thing I want to do is integrate some color into it, some blue, so it doesn't look like it's all black in white. I'm not exactly sure how I want to implement that though. Anyone have some ideas of how I should alter it? I also want to know what you guys think of it so far.

Greco101

Default Re: So I'm completely re-designing my site

that's pretty much the only color schemes I do too... Grey, white, black + one color. (hence my sig... and a tiiiny bit of blue)

I like that glassed effect... rounded edges are the hardest to work with for me... I like straight sharp lines. Do you have any ss's of what you had before?

I might, but I'd have to dig through some archives. I do have files backed up from like the past 5 years, from multiple computers. So I might have something somewhere.

Here's something I quickly threw together using the old files (including the html files) from the previous design I based this one off of.

That looks pretty good. If you're willing to help me out with some work, I'll be willing to help you out when i'm done. PM me if you're interested.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

that looks nice djale

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Are you using a CMS? Did you make the graphics and layout yourself? I'm using Joomla and I can't find any decent templates, so if you're making those youself, I'd +rep you to infinity if you could give me some pointers on what you're using and all that. Looks pretty good though .
    RIP Bucko

Yes, I am making it all myself. I only like to use things that I do all myself. I just make it all in Photoshop and then cut it up into pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    Yes, I am making it all myself. I only like to use things that I do all myself. I just make it all in Photoshop and then cut it up into pieces.
    Damn dude... I'm the same way, I'd much rather use things that are "mine". You've convinced me to give it a try. +rep to you man.
    RIP Bucko

I was thinking of making the top area blue. Sort of like this, but not exactly like this, this is just an example.

But then what would I put there? Should I put the banner there, embedded into sme sort of design perhaps? And then should I make the rounded top of the main menu shorter? Or maybe should I put the banner in that rounded top? Should I make the blue area one big header that covers the entire top area? I'm having hard time trying to put my ideas into action. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Just a quick suggestion: That blue looks good, but to fit with the overall scheme of things I'd make it a lot more subtle and lighter. And because the 'glass' is on top of it, you might want to put blue reflections in the glass to make it look more realistic.

I say maybe have a very VERY subtle pattern in the blue, to add interest and break any monotony, and put the header in the rounded top.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.