Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Modders Challenge #4

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Modders Challenge #4

I don't know if anyone asked it so I will. Does it have to be Halo themed? I see it is part of the points but is that a must? I would like to enter but not if it has to be Halo themed

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    I don't know if anyone asked it so I will. Does it have to be Halo themed? I see it is part of the points but is that a must? I would like to enter but not if it has to be Halo themed
    Lol, yes it has to be Halo themed. The scoring system takes into account how well the mod appears to fit with the Halo environment. For example, a nicely done mod that doesn't look anything like a Halo themed mod, but has a Halo3 sticker on the side would get a very low score in this category.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Phew, so glad that I don't have to re-sketch this thing. I've already spent a good couple hours into it and I think I might of popped at least a few brain cells trying to get it to work right. Sometimes, just sometimes, I want to grab Sketchup by the neck and strangle the living heck out of it like in the Simpsons. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Lol, yes it has to be Halo themed. The scoring system takes into account how well the mod appears to fit with the Halo environment. For example, a nicely done mod that doesn't look anything like a Halo themed mod, but has a Halo3 sticker on the side would get a very low score in this category.
    Ah bugger! Now I have to start all over again!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I feel ya dogg, I downloaded sketchup way back when and jumped in with that "how hard can it be?" attitude....haven't touched it since. Not within my abilities apparently.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

No worries Fug.. there will be other challenges. Save your work. You never know what's coming up next.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    No worries Fug.. there will be other challenges. Save your work. You never know what's coming up next.
    As sure as the moon sets at dusk and sun rises for the morning, there will always be another Modders Challenge. The day the moon fails to set and sun fail to rise, then and only then, shall the modders challenge cease to exist.

Then again, a meteor could come crashing down to earth and wipe out the TBCS server. Yep, I reckon that'd just about do it. :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Then again, a meteor could come crashing down to earth and wipe out the TBCS server. Yep, I reckon that'd just about do it. :p
    lol

Overclocked

ok, one qoestion... HOW do we enter?
    should I just start a new thread and post the link to it here? or PM you the link?
    E-mail you the whole "work log"

or any one of the abouve?
    or something completly difrent?

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

send your entry to the email address highlighted in red on the first post. PM me if you have any difficulties. You shouldn't, I have already gotten some entries.