Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Crysis

Default Re: Crysis

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Music piracy is there because we have to pay upwards of $15 for a damn CD.
    This is one of the things that burn my ass. When cd's first came out the music industry _promised_ that the newer technology was cheaper to produce so they would pass the savings on to the consumer. That NEVER happened and in fact the price went UP over LP's.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Yeah. To get the discographies of a few bands it would cost about $200 at least... and the bands wouldn't see but maybe $20 from that. Go see concerts, lol, that's where they make their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    IMO software prices are responsible for most of the piracy.
    That no doubt plays a part, but even if games were priced at around £10 / $20 they would still get cracked.

My Worklogs: Reality Bytes / Flux

Quote Originally Posted by Xperiment View Post
    That no doubt plays a part, but even if games were priced at around £10 / $20 they would still get cracked.
    Would lazyiness and cheapass-ness play into role there possibly too?

Video games have been around $50 for the past 20 years atleast for a new hot release. Companies won't lower prices on releases like that, its just not going to happen. Take Halo3 for example. They make way more money at $60 because they know people will buy it. If they launched at $30 they wouldn't make as much even if more people bought it.

Lowering prices on things isn't going to stop piracy. All this DRM and all that isn't going to stop it either. I don't see piracy as something that can be stopped. And I think companies know that. I think its less about stopping piracy, and more about making sure the average user doesn't do it. No matter what they do they aren't going to stop coders from doing it, but they can make it real difficult for people who don't know much about how a pc runs other than installing a game or software to commit piracy.

If you can't kill a virus what do you do? You try your damn best to stop it from spreading. Keep it contained. Thats whats going on...least how i see it.

Edit: Im done. Think we all kinda hijacked this guys talk about Crysis thread.

nah, you format!

now how do we format the world? ahh yes the big red button!
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Lol, I didn't mean in the pc virus sense of the word. But yes, if that was the case I would format.

I need to sleep. I want to work on Nightrain some more tomorrow. I waited all year for Crysis and haven't played it or the demo yet because the pc isn't assembled. I vowed I would finish the project before I played it. That was the crappiest vow I think Ive made yet.

Everyone is enjoying the Crysis experience and here I am...

You guys =
    me =

Edit: Some how it double posted darn it. Ehh... I did get some sleep though, so don't expect me to slip up again

"Music piracy is there because we have to pay upwards of $15 for a damn CD. They should be $10 at the most."

I don't know if you know about this or not but Radiohead released an album on the net and you could put in any denomination you wanted to pay for it so you could put in like 10 or 5 or 0 and still get it no matter what you wanted to pay so you could pay nothing and still get the album yet it got pirated like crazy so is price really the issue or is people being lazy and going woo new torrent must download or is it just principle or downloading it illegally?

For me it's the price issue... others? I think laziness or just the sheer convenience could be the case. You can never tell with people.