Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Reality Bytes

Default Project: Reality Bytes

Hello Everyone,

My first post on TBCS Forums so what better way to start than with a few details of my current project.

I have called it "Reality Bytes", because well sometimes it does. Also it is to be a custom watercooled case to house my gaming system which can serve as a nice escape from reality every now and then.

For the case I went for a very plain, simple and above all small case, the Antec NSK4000 and choose a black / neon green colour theme. The main feature of the project was to be a clean, effective and functional watercooling loop.

The system specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+ @ 3.2Ghz
    Asus Crosshair nForce 590 SLi AM2
    OCZ 2Gb Platinum Revision DDR2
    Nvidia BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC2 320Mb @ 700/1000
    Internal 320Gb Seagate & External 400Gb Freecon
    Asus 5.1 Surround (supplied with motherboard)
    Liteon Litescribe DVD/RW
    Jeantech 600w Modular PSU

4x ACRyan 120mm Blackfire UV Green Fans
    Corsair Memory Cooler
    Asus Aux System Fan
    2x Zalman Fan Controllers
    Lang DDC 12v Pump with Alphacool Plexi Top & Tank
    EK Multioption 250ml Res Rev2
    240mm BlackIce Pro GTII Stealth
    D-Tec FuZion CPU Block
    EK 8800GTS Full Cover GPU Block With Acetal Top
    Tygon 1/2' Tubing
    Feser One Coolant & UV Green Dye
    I did start this project over 2 months ago now, so have made quite alot of progress with it. Still alot to do though so I hope to update this log as I go.

On the Immediate todo list is the side panel. I want to make one 100% from clear Perspex after hiding some interior parts with the green perspex used throughout the case.

Also the Seagate HDD, which is sat onto of my DVD Drive on a square of Perspex. My intention with this is to have it mounted sticking out the top of the case with a heatpipe/heatsink cooler mounted to it. Hopefully to keep it nice and cool and also for a bit of eye candy to an otherwise dull top panel.

Here are the sketchups of the original idea (my first time on sketchup so not perfect)

Now here are a few pictures of the interior as it currently stands. The interior is pretty much done now, the work to be done is mostly on the exterior so this is what will follow in future updates.

Well thanks for reading, hope you have enjoyed it so far. Funds are a tad tight at the moment but I hope to be making an update asap.

In the meantime any comments, good or bad are welcomed. Be nice to know what poeple think.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 12-03-2007 at 08:06 PM.

My Worklogs: Reality Bytes / Flux

Default Re: Project: Reality Bytes

Looks great! Very clean, and very attractive! Welcome to the board!

Now, how about some pics of the build process?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Firstly welcome to the forums.

Secondly that is one amazing setup im loving the colours. The whole rig is so clean

Thirdly, lets hope this goes well.

Fourthly +rep for it being so awesome.

Austral Alien

Wow! What a way to start on TBCS! That really does look good. Have a +rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

@ Luke122 - Thanks for the welcome. When I first started the build I didn't really intend to make a full project log so dont take many pictures as I went along. Hence not posting any pictures of the build process.

My intention now is to fully log everything from here on in. Hopefully when working on it I will be stripping parts back down to make amendments so will be able to get some pictures then.

@ Scotty - Thanks for the welcome and the rep points, glad you think the build is worth them. Nice to see someone on from the UK aswel.

@ Bucko - Thanks for the welcome and the rep points. BTW love the work you have done on your current project. Obviously love the green, but the work on the front panel is amazing, such attention to detail. Keep it up.
    Last edited by Xperiment; 09-06-2007 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Scotland Comment Withdrawn

LOL... better watch the "stupid Scotland" posts around here.. hahaha

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

yea, dave will be down on you like a ton of bricks, some of us scottish here may take offence, i know it may be intent as a joke, but some might not take it like that.

But Welcome, your doing an excelent job, keep it going, here have a +rep on me.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

i relle love what u did to with the plexi very well placed on the graphics card it looks sweet
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

ATX Mental Case NamesAreUseless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    yea, dave will be down on you like a ton of bricks, some of us scottish here may take offence, i know it may be intent as a joke, but some might not take it like that.

But Welcome, your doing an excelent job, keep it going, here have a +rep on me.
    I think he said that cause, under scottys name, it really does say "England (NOT stupid Scotland )"
    Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I came in here expecting furries, I leave disappointed..

Quote Originally Posted by NamesAreUseless View Post
    I think he said that cause, under scottys name, it really does say "England (NOT stupid Scotland )"
    Yeah that was the reason. My appologies if anyone takes offence, be assured it was only meant in 'jest'. Comment withdrawn.

@ armadilloben - Thanks, wasnt sure if it would look right when I first had the idea, but it did turn out quite nice in the end. Nice and simple too.