Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: my first case mod idea

Default Re: my first case mod idea

thanks tons man, and ill see about the tins snips i also heard that a nibbler is a must for case modding i dunno though.

And is any of my stuff that i plan on getting overkill or anything?

also for the sleeving i think i may get one of these http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-psu-tool-kit.html and while im at it http://www.xoxide.com/mamohouvbl.html http://www.xoxide.com/femohouvbl.html http://www.jab-tech.com/Sunbeam-PSU-...e-pr-3031.html

and hell if my lcd mod thng wont work i may have to go with this ;( http://www.jab-tech.com/LCD-Digital-...t-pr-2642.html a few of those

luckily my school is willing to pay for this all xD i dont know why but what the heck.

so anyone have any ideas on the PDA LCD??

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy_Solo View Post
    luckily my school is willing to pay for this all xD i dont know why but what the heck.

so anyone have any ideas on the PDA LCD??
    Good deal on that. Must be nice. I wasn't able to find anything on the PDA LCD screen, but I'm assuming that with all the work that would have to go into it, might as well get one of those other screens. The way I figure it is that you'll have to mod the video card output and somehow get it into the video controller on the pda while also having to figure out how to power the pda screen. Seems like the long way around now that I think about it.

well, i think i still might try atlest to do it, hell gotta start somewhere! But its good to have a fall back. And i had an idea, seeing as the UV paint is "invisible" im gonna paint the ENTIRE case interior black, and actualy the back now that i think of it, and just apply the UV after the fact so it looks black until turned on xD

Sorry i dont know **** and im probably becoming iritating but this is my first mod and even my first PC i actualy built myself. And well im only 14 >.>
    I'm gonna have a look around a few forums for people that have done interesting wiring things and see if they can help

EDIT: did some looking around and saw modders using PSone LCDs but they are a bit to large for my project atm, and i was gonna contact Defyant but he hasnt been active on forums for a while... D:

i'm not sure how you feel about ripping the pda apart but if the touch screen lcd's have any kind of universal cables you might be able to get it to work that way.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy_Solo View Post
    Sorry i dont know **** and im probably becoming iritating but this is my first mod and even my first PC i actualy built myself. And well im only 14 >.>
    I'm gonna have a look around a few forums for people that have done interesting wiring things and see if they can help
    Actually, the exact opposite. It's good that you ask questions. I keep trying to get it through my daughters head that asking questions is a good thing. It's how we learn. Good idea on the UV paint.

dunno what kind of connection that is but im pretty sure the bottom one is connecting to the LCD

ok before we get down to business i need to show you my area

yes i know that is the stock cooler for my quad core >.>

OK now down to business

I want to add a cold cathode there only hugging side of the case more

UV cold cathode on other side of bar

COld cathodes behind monitors

Paint the entire back black too xD

Current top fan, going to remove the current mesh and black USB crap and add larger mesh area and 120MM fan

EDIT: oh yes and im also planning on puting stealth drive covers on that would look like the 5.25 drive bay covers

EDIT2: im planning on making fan grills out of the mesh like the second pic in this banner

im gonna order this stuff tonight so if anyone has any ideas or comments please post and please look through my supplies

I'll have a look. What else are you ordering besides the mesh?

about every link i posted