Thread: Google Chrome's...

Default Google Chrome's...

update system is seriously flawed. First, why doesn't it update automatically? or have an option to update automatically at least? grr...

second, you have to go into ABOUT GOOGLE CHROME to check for updates. not very intuitive.

third... it doesn't work! keeps kicking up an error message that it couldn't connect to the server (error 3) which apparently is a common problem.

so... finally, after screwing around in the registry and such to try to get it to work, I just downloaded the whole installation file from google and ran it. Voila, it worked.

lol so basically, I couldve saved myself about 30-45 min worth of trouble by just downloading the install file in the first place. gotta say though, version 8 is much nicer than version 4 that I was running (didnt realize chrome wasn't auto updating haha, getting lazy thanx to firefox.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Google Chrome's...

Hmm, well, Chrome is supposed to update automatically completely in the background. That's why they don't make a big deal about version numbers, because everyone running it should theoretically have the same version. I'm guessing that whatever was causing the 'error 3' error was why it wasn't updating automatically. If that's the case though, they really should have some way of notifying the user that updates are failing...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I have noticed that Chome mostly stays up to date. Some of the larger updates don't work. Normally I will see a post somewhere about a large update and then check to see if mine is up to date.

I have two big complaints about chrome.. WHERES MY GREASEMONKEY, and why is it that most android forums refuse to load properly in chrome this seems idiotic.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

IE8 chokes up sometimes on big updates, even on clean new installs - cumulative SPs, .NET stuff, silverlight crap - Windows Update just botches it all up and usually leaves a few "impossibles" which can't be properly updated or removed. Not that I seriously expect Microsoft to be perfect, though I'm a little disappointed since everything else on Win7 is rather well done.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.