Thread: 9800GTX Out- cmon Nvidia

Default 9800GTX Out- cmon Nvidia

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130339

This is the best you can do? 2 Years to add an extra 100mhz clock and 400 mhz to ram? I find it funny that its actually $10 cheaper then the 8800gtx.

Default Re: 9800GTX Out- cmon Nvidia

For $10 less than the 8800GTX it still isn't worth the barely noticeable performance increase. If it were, say, $100 less then it'd maybe worth it, though I'd still probably go with a 8800GT 512MB over it.

I guess we'll have to wait for Intel's platform coming in (late) Q4. Not that it matters as I'd wait for it anyways (I can some how play Crysis on my desktop, and I have a C2D x9000 in my laptop so no speed issues when "working").
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...hlbnRodXNpYXN0

^review

Gives like 15% increase. Sucks considering its the next gen.

It's technically not next gen.... since it's still using G92 core (same as the 8800GT/8800GTS) however if you've seen the news, they're planning to do a die shrink before going to the next gen.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    It's technically not next gen.... since it's still using G92 core (same as the 8800GT/8800GTS) however if you've seen the news, they're planning to do a die shrink before going to the next gen.

Well it was SUPPOSED to be next gen but nvidia obviosly wanted to be lazy a$$es and release basically an overclocked, less memory 8800gtx.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I looked everywhere trying to find a review that makes this card appear worth it. As you guys said its only about 15% better than the 8800GTS. I've even read reviews that have said that the 8800GTS is better for overclocking. Most 8800GTS reviews hit about 780~800MHz whereas most 9800GTX reviews seem to hit about 720~760. The 9800GTX cooler is exactly the same, stock performance is barely different, an overclocking is worse. The only reason Im not going to get a 8800GTS (or 9800GTX of course) is because BFG does not offer their new 100-day step-up program for the 8800GTS.
    For my new graphics card Im either going to do one of two things:
    Buy a 9800GX2 (and step-up later)
    -or-
    wait until July when the 9900GTX comes out

Sadly the 9900 series won't be actually next-gen (AGAIN, cmon nvidia) either but they will be dual-core (not dual gpu) G94s, with extra SPs, more memory, better parts, and higher frequency. At least thats what VRZone and Expreview are saying...

-Indybird