View Poll Results: Which One Is/Will Be The Best?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • VISTA

0 0%
  • XP

9 36.00%
  • Windows7

16 64.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7?!?

Default Re: Windows 7?!?

yeah except KDE just doesnt look half as good...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    In all honesty Windows 7 is just Windows Vista SP2, and everything Windows Vista should have been. So, in that respect, Windows 7 is definitely the winner and I will be installing it for good shortly after it comes out. Microsoft "went back" to the 3 year OS turnaround in order to rebrand their system and get away from the Vista stigma.

In my opinion they have turned around really well though. Besides the flashy-ness of the OS (which I actually love), they went away from stupid product names, they created positive anticipation, they released a public beta to create more anticipation, and they are actually proving that they are listening to users as evidenced by the UAC, connectivity features, drivers, and the installation process. All in all, even if it is just Vista SP2, I'm very, very happy with it.
    you make a valid point, but i've just ripped the kernels apart, please see this post

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Well of course they took the best of Vista and cranked up the performance. Saying 7 is Vista SP2 wasn't meant to be taken literally. I would say Vista->7 is similar to 2000->ME, maybe. But Vista->7 is no where near the change that happened with XP->Vista, which is what I was hinting at.

Glad someone here ripped apart the kernels though, I hadn't felt like going that deep though. I'd rather be able to tell my sales users now what differences they will experience than be unsure of my technical explanation to my solutions development team, lol.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

2000=>me is a bad comparison; 2000 used the NT kernal, me used win9x. A better comparison would be win95=>win98 or win98=>me.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    2000=>me is a bad comparison; 2000 used the NT kernal, me used win9x. A better comparison would be win95=>win98 or win98=>me.
    98->Me was what I meant, my bad.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Quote Originally Posted by PartyLikeARockstar View Post
    IMHO Windows 7 feels like Vista running KDE
    Thats what I was thinking ! Everyone has been saying "Oh, windows 7 looks so much like Mac OSX" But I thought it looked like KDE 4 if anything.

would be cool if you could get kde to run on windows,

personally i like Gnome

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by CHIMAERA View Post
    @zephik, of course ya feel good about windows 7... its the aftermath of the latest beta test otherwise known as vista... just like win2k b4 XP.... they release a crappy excuse for an OS.. fix it up... and call it the next creation!
    Nah, not at all. 2000 was friggin' brilliant, it was just missing some features. Vista to 7 is more like 95 to 98.

XP to Vista to 7, on the other hand, is like 98 to ME to XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

i agree, windows 2000 was one of the best OS's ever made, its XP (Which everyone loves i might add) but without the flashy theme service and luna, oh and some nicer gfx,

but more stable in my view.

Overclocked

I don't think we would call 98 to XP just a simple upgrade, and yet those two operating systems work on the same architecture.
    98 and XP were never the same architecture. XP was built off windows NT, therefore off windows 2000. Windows 2000 is a good OS, but it lacks support from so many software companies (including microsoft).
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0