Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never work for dell

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Never work for dell

Just to let you all know. Right so i left my good old warehouse computer repair job, fixing cash registers P.O.S terminals pc's CRT's lcds and everything inbetween you got a couple broke ones ill see how many good ones i can assemble out of them style. I'm the guy that Refurbishes equipment for retailers.

Anyways dell called me (resume on monster) and said hey we'll pay you 22.75$ an hour to be one of our level three support techs. Right so i Farkin hate customer support it's one bitch ass after another but 22.75 an hour can't shake a stick at that considering it was 6 bucks more an hour. So i did it went through there pansy ass training course. Yea I sure did shoot that dell guy out of the sky a couple times with some smart ass remarks about the GX optiplex series. anyways so that took about 2 weeks of me sleeping and filling out paperwork. so i get to the customer support center and what do you know i am surrounded by some of the dumbest mofo's I've ever seen. Swear some of them had a retard shield between there eyes and brain. anyways i kept my mouth shut and did my job, got alot of thank yous along the way. but mostly your a piece of crap.

So 4 months roll by and the words "lay off" comes around. whadda you know I'm laid off along with 1/4 of the building. Not even a notice really got a two day notice.

So anyways I'm back at my old job making the same scrilla as before and I love it. No bosses very little customer support and the people that call have respect for me. Sure its in a giant warehouse and its cold in the winter hot in the summer (can't HVAC 55,000 sq feet) but come on. Nothing is funner then sword fighting with two broken laptops.

Pentium 1's also make excellent ninja stars.

oh yea and I get to drive a fork lift around like a crazy sob.

So bottom line don't work for dell cause they really could give two ****s and a **** about you. there just out to take care of the suits.

Default Re: Never work for dell

glad to hear you landed on your feet,

when i worked at a small comp shop we used to use old parts and solder them to make things, i made a man out of ram before!

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    glad to hear you landed on your feet,

when i worked at a small comp shop we used to use old parts and solder them to make things, i made a man out of ram before!
    I'm working on a Johnny 5 made out of NCR 2760's and real pos 21's

boy the other day we had to go out and pull all the RIMM ram out of the Netfinity 3000's

Seriously the most ram i have ever seen in one place.

suckas still retail for 100$ a pop 512MB sticks.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    so i get to the customer support center and what do you know i am surrounded by some of the dumbest mofo's I've ever seen.
    If only I needed a sig
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I sure wouldn't turn down $16.75 an hour to drive around a forklift and rebuild computer terminals.

Speaking of, you went from repairing POS systems, to doing tech support for POS systems, and now you're back to working on POS systems?

(heh, heh)

Anyway, good to know. The job you've got now sounds perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post

Nothing is funner then sword fighting with two broken laptops.

Pentium 1's also make excellent ninja stars.
    Congrats on making it to my sig!

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

I work at a store that uses the P.O.S computers there ok. I thought it was kinda sad that I was the only one to ever put two together and think while P.O.S Piece Of S**T....IDK why people don't catch funny things like that right away.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Quote Originally Posted by killergamer View Post
    I work at a store that uses the P.O.S computers there ok. I thought it was kinda sad that I was the only one to ever put two together and think while P.O.S Piece Of S**T....IDK why people don't catch funny things like that right away.
    Glad I'm not the only one who giggles upon hearing "point of sale".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Well Twigs I can can say I know exactly how you feel. I worked for Dell for 5 years. I came into work on a monday and by the next monday I was gone as they closed the call center down. So I like you was out of a job and started working at T-Mobile. It sucked just as bad. Also while working at dell I did laptop support also and got a laugh at least 10 times a day. The return to depot contract that most people got with the laptops was provided by a 3rd party company. Here is the kicker. The companies name was Solectron. In the tool we used to look at the warranty they had it showed in bright red letters SOL. First time I seen it I almost peed myself. anywho, glad you found another job and are happy where you are.

we deal alot with YUM foods.

If you goto long john silvers I'm 85% sure that terminal has had my hands on it at some point.

Pallets and pallets of them.

Don't even want to hear about "chris i need 75 Gateways in 4 days"