Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Chevrolet

Default Re: Project: Chevrolet

That's it?? And you didn't want to mod it...shame on you. Lol jks jks...

Nice job Ace.. Looks GREAT!!

This is probably one of the best "themed" cases I've seen in a long long time. And those were the ones that won contests.... Amazing job dude.

ATX Mental Case

Thanks again guys, the comments mean alot to me. Right now, I'm just putting my final touch on the case, which is a polished aluminum license plate from with the Chevy logo embezzelled (sp?) on it and a light to shine down on the license plate, which is a deep red with black and white checkered flags, almost like the old El Camino badges. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to wire it up. I think I'll use the cigarrette lighter wiring... I'll have a few mor pics yet to come. As always, I promise not to dissapoint...

Anodized

wow... really nice...

The SlackMeister

A few questions. Are you going to put plexy where your chevy logo is and hole for the motor? And i would try to make the cables neater.

ATX Mental Case

Right now, I'm looking into the new two-way mirrior acrylic from AC Ryan. I'm going to use it on the cut out areas (logo and engine viewing window). Basically, the idea is that when the computer is off, there will be a mirror and when the system is powered up and the CCFLs come on and LED fans kick on, there will be a mirror. I think that the reflactive surface would contrast very well with the black and also make for a really cool effect.

I decided to rearrange a few of the power cables, making the window cut outs look less cluttered than they are in these pictures. It actually looks alot better. It's little details like knowing how much of the mechanical construction to show, and how much to hide that makes this case what it is. It's not the Chevy logo cut into the side, or the model engine inside that make this case what it is, its the little things like the exhaust fans, the new PCI bay covers, the chrome sleeving, all of these little details are what truly sets a good build apart from a great build.

Could I have done thigns better? In a word, yes. Sure, I could have stripped the chasis, powder coated the frame, done a crazy candy paint job and given her some bigger and better components, but I decided not to. I want to show what 2 weeks worth of spare time and a little effort put towards the details can do.

My next project will be the refurbishing and customization of an old IBM 1600 Desktop that I found downstairs last night. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it quite yet, but since there aren't too many people doing desktop style cases, I think that I can have some fun and have alot of room for being unique.

Stay tuned.

ATX Mental Case

nice man lol very slick love the little engine lol great work!!
    where are you?

fact: different = abnormal
    observation: everyone is different, therefore everyone is abnormal
    conclusion: there is no normal, express yourself

ATX Mental Case

I'm sorry I haven't updated at all. I've been kinda busy. I wired up and mounted a lighted license plate frame and a license plate with two checkered flags on wednesday. It lookes pretty dam good IMO. I did scratch the paint though :/ I need to touch it up with a brush later on before I post pics.

My dad and I are tlaking about the next case already. Got some killer ideas floating around. We'll see which ones turn out...

lol nice. An American Revolution. i love it.
    "to lose a parent is a tredgedy, to lose two is just carelessness"
    -Oscar Wild