Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eMachines EL1310-02

Default eMachines EL1310-02

Hey I am looking for a new computer to buy. Nothing too expensive. I have stumbled onto this one : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883114075

Is it worth getting?

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: eMachines EL1310-02

I, personally, would avoid emachines at any cost. I wouldn't be te best person to give advice on what to get, because I always build my own.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I would say it's a decent, stylish computer but like nevermind, I would prefer to build my own. Be aware that you are very limited with that case/motherboard/220w power supply.

You wont be gaming on this rig unless you're a WoW fan.

EDIT: I also don't see any warranty information which probably means it comes with a basic one year.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

HP A6742

Intel E5300 Dual Core
    6GB DDR2
    500GB hard drive
    comes with 19 inch LCD

For $549 AR at Office Depot
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    HP A6742

Intel E5300 Dual Core
    6GB DDR2
    500GB hard drive
    comes with 19 inch LCD

For $549 AR at Office Depot
    Sounds great I might actually get that instead thanks!

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

You're talking 800 dollars upfront here though.

For that kinda money I'd rather take this

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    For that kinda money I'd rather take this
    Not bad, assuming you'll never want to upgrade anything but the RAM... can't say I trust HP's laptop components though after the failures over the last couple years. Still probably beats an eMachine.

To the OP: You'd probably be best off getting a friend to build you one in exchange for a twelve-pack of (Mountain Dew, beer) and some Doritos. If you can find someone (or do it yourself, it's easier than it looks if you have the time) then we can recommend some parts. Generally better quality and better value, but of course you have to keep your receipts and fight with individual manufacturers if you need warranty service (which is still better than dealing with some computer companies, eMachines/Gateway being one of them from what I hear).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    Not bad, assuming you'll never want to upgrade anything but the RAM... can't say I trust HP's laptop components though after the failures over the last couple years. Still probably beats an eMachine.

To the OP: You'd probably be best off getting a friend to build you one in exchange for a twelve-pack of (Mountain Dew, beer) and some Doritos. If you can find someone (or do it yourself, it's easier than it looks if you have the time) then we can recommend some parts. Generally better quality and better value, but of course you have to keep your receipts and fight with individual manufacturers if you need warranty service (which is still better than dealing with some computer companies, eMachines/Gateway being one of them from what I hear).
    All laptops have a high failor rate ive seen people come in every year because a laptop died all brands and makes.. 80 percent were user problesm 20 percent were hardware causeing software problems..

Seen tons of Hp dells... emachines (when I worked there and sold them a ton came back)... second most was hp thrid dell (didnt even sell them O.o) fourth was Acer number 5 was compaq (hp is compaq ) most common problem for all was power cord... second Motherboard third screen cracked (droped crushed by bookes ect) 4 Keyboards (keys falling out for no reason happend on demo models alot) 5 ram issuse 6 video card cable because of moniter 6 battrey isuse wont charge ect (no warrenty on that with extend warenty from best buy read the contract its not worth getting and I worked there dont trust the sales guy by buying it read it because it covers basicly nothing... and only extends it 1 year for like 200 bucks..)

The ratio for laptop to desktops for repairs was huge... Ie for every 1 desktop we saw 30 laptops.. thats a big gap.. (laptops are alot more popular now though)

NEVER EVER BUY REFERBESHED... Usally get 98 percent failor rate in a year and warrenty is less then a standered normal computer.. less warrnety....

now the referbeshed computers were the worse with it just dieing.. they had some models that saw 99 percent fail rate on them and the reps even admit it and say well Id never ever buy a referbeshed hp computer ever... and they showed me stats they had on it compared to a regular computer.. (non referbeshed) they also said they dont do busness with the company that sold them their own computers to them because its a third party that fixs the computers and sell them back to hp who then sells them as referbeshed which means used...

and I worked in retail for 5 years of dealing with custmers with computers so from 2004-2009

Yeah, in terms of power cord/supply failure, screens, keyboards, etc. you can't really avoid some trouble. The problem I have with HPs is the motherboard issues they had over the past couple of years (and, it seems, declining trim/build quality based on the feel/fit of the chassis).

At least with HP, though, the customer service isn't complete rubbish. It's Gateway/eMachines that scare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

NEVER EVER BUY REFERBESHED... Usually get 98 percent failure rate in a year and warranty is less then a standard normal computer.. less warranty....

I have to disagree, I have a refurb dell xps desktop that has been working for 5 years now, the only problems Ive had were software, which dell helped me to fix, just because they have indians doing their customer service, doesn't mean its bad.