Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 90's iMac

Default Re: 90's iMac

Just double-checked... the connector on Apple's adapter has the exact same connector as the one in the eBay link above. So it looks like it should be easy to use the slot-load CD-ROM in a PC with that adapter.

Haha, sweet. I don't know when I'll get my LCD, that's all that's holding me up at the moment, really.

Mine's the "Indigo" one... it looks blue to me. My colour of choice as well.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

My next potential victim.... muhahahah

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Nice! I need to figure out how I'll get the curved face to fit on a flat LCD>

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I have two ideas in mind for that - neither is ideal but both will work, kinda

The first is screw the curve, fit a flat screen as best I can and try to fill the gaps.

Second is a sheet of clear thin perspex, lay it on the removed glass tube and try heating it to get it to follow the curve, the have that as an overlay over the screen. I already have a perfectly functional 15" lcd with speakers so should be a fairly easy swap (I hope)

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

I used to use those in the 5th grade.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    I have two ideas in mind for that - neither is ideal but both will work, kinda

The first is screw the curve, fit a flat screen as best I can and try to fill the gaps.

Second is a sheet of clear thin perspex, lay it on the removed glass tube and try heating it to get it to follow the curve, the have that as an overlay over the screen. I already have a perfectly functional 15" lcd with speakers so should be a fairly easy swap (I hope)
    Exactly the two ideas I'd had. I think I prefer the second. I suppose I could take the old picture tube and place the softened plexiglass on it to get a precise curve. I don't care if I can see a gap between the LCD and the plastic shell; the whole thing's transparent to display the innards, anyway.