Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Archangel

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Default Re: Archangel

Yea, i don't know of any people that i know that would have one or a store around me that would.

Waiting for UPS, getting my final mobo piece....4gb Kingston 800mhz RAM; BN in package!
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Update will be posted soon, i'm thinking about doing something different to the side of the case that was suppose to be decal...i was thinking about having a angel wing design...yes...i'm talking about some cardboard and bondo with a little detailing. I'm hoping to replicate the wings that are on my worklog banner.
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Decal and Testor Gloss Cote worked perfectly! Decal is curing in my room and should be ready tomorrow!

we want pictures! lol

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    we want pictures! lol

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Finally an update!!! OMG! lol.
    Got my 710 not too long ago! Your probably asking....well why not just go with a Quad Core instead of a triple core. My answer is that this is a limited budget build and i found this for a good deal. ( $100 retail, i got it for $86 BNIB)

Apparently Ziploc bags are the "new" standard in safety!

Back to the pics of the build.

As of now i'm just going to go with the stock HSF but later i might upgrade to something better.

Kind of looks like Christmas Day when you open a present and try to get to the goods and just throw everything else to the side.

The badge included with the Processor.

I opened up the manual first because i'm that kind of person to always read the manual first and i never got the manual to fold back as nicely as it is in the picture.

Installed! I managed to do the rookie mistake and bent pins but the credit card trick worked and i got the pins straighter than they were before. I can't get the cpu out though, it like flush to the mount and i can't get a fingernail or anything under the edges.

Stock HSF, the best it'll look right here.

My HDD arrived!

Bubble wrapped pretty well.

Everything installed, just need one more sata cable for the HDD.

Here are some glamor shots of what's finished.

This will be where it'll stay for a while....my work station that's crammed into the corner of my room.

I will be decaling the case side today, pics should be up later!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

That RAM looks oddly high-density...though come to think of it, most of the RAM I've dealt with recently has had heatspreaders on it... *shrugs*

Looks great!

If you feel adventurous later, you could try unlocking the third core on the Phenom. All the x3's are actually x4's with one core disabled. The original idea was that they would just make a whole lot of x4 dies, and if a core was bad, package it as an x3, but some of the x3 lines did so well because of the lower price, that they ended up just disabling a fully functional core on some of them. IIRC it's fairly easy to determine if the core is bad after unlocking it, and it's possible to re-lock the core if it ends up being bad. It does void your warranty though.. *shrugs* idk, just a thought.

Yea, i read a review on newegg and the person told how to unlock it.

Here it is:
    Pros: this is my second one. first one would not unlock 4th core with my gigabyte board. this one is in an msi 785g board with 710 sb. has acc in bios, switch normal firmware to special and switch acc to per core and boot. ta-daa! quad core. temp wont register anymore on hardware monitor so just load speedfan. that will still give you one cores temps. prime stable with 4th core! vista says 5.9 cpu score now, and plays nicely in win7 too.
    Cons: none
    Other Thoughts: f**s had a sale on them on friday 10-10 for 49.95. with the 4th core unlocked i got a new phenom II quad for 50 buck! haahahahahhaha! win

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

I love marketing...how else could you possibly come up with the COMPLETELY ridiculous scenario of disabling a perfectly good processing core and selling it cheaper, when in fact it costs AMD MORE to modify an X4 into an X3 b/c someone or some piece of machinery has to do the disabling. LOL...I mean really. why not just sell the bloody X4 a little cheaper???
    If 3-legged dogs were cheaper and sold better than the 4-legged dogs, can you see pet stores putting one leg in a straightjacket and selling it as a 3-legged dog? LOL...man. The world we live in today is so nuts sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Yea, i don't know what they're mindset is on this marketing scheme.