Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 !!!UPDATE!!! 26 April 2010

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

I very much doubt it's possible to get lower than ambient without active cooling. Fans, rads, heatsinks are all passive, they move air/water, nothing there actually chills it so the lowest it can get to is the ambient without some for of active chilling as opposed to cooling.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

That wiki article basically states that wind chill only speeds up the temperature change of inanimate objects to ambient, and does not lower the temperature below ambient.

*edit* Back on topic, CJ.. when are you going to start building this thing?! Hehehe..

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I talked to TT today and they will be shipping the case and the rest of the gear this week. So I expect to start sometime next week. There was also a mixup with my gear from NZXT and it was sent to the wrong address. Replacement gear will be set out tomorrow or the next day.

I hope to make it to an Army/Navy surplus store one day this week and pick up a few things for some top secret mods to the case. Luke knows what these mods are so I am sure he will vouch for me when I say its going to be freaking awesome.

I ordered my paint yesterday and it should arrive by Friday. I still need to pick up a self healing cutting mat and blue painters tape. I also need to go out to my shop at my grandmothers and nab the water filter off of the air compressor there.

Some of the fans I am getting have white blades with black bodies. Any thoughts on how to make them fit in with the theme?

Here is what they look like

camo paint the blades! that = win imo! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    camo paint the blades! that = win imo! lol
    Better put a grill on them fans, if you cant see the blades you could lose a finger!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Well if all goes right with the latest email I sent there may be custom fan grills on this too.

I was thinking today and am wondering where I will put the radiator. Here is my delima... I can rout it outside the case and attach it somewhere to the outside of the case or I can put it in the bottom of the case as there will be plenty of room in the bottom. If I put it in the bottom would I position the fans as a push or pull set up? As in pulling air into the case or pulling air out of the case?

Ok since I wound up explaining one of the secret mods on another forum I am obligated to talk about it here at my home.

I plan on taking a .50 cal ammo can and removing the stock 5.25" drive cage and replacing it with the ammo can. The bottom will be cut out of the ammo can and will become the end that the drives slide into. This will put the handle end facing the back of the case. This will provide me a very good place to hide wires and follow the theme. Exiting from the side of this new ammo can drive bay will be a 1.5-2 foot long belt of .50 bmg inert ammo.

Thoughts? Credit for this idea goes to OvRiDe and Luke122 btw. Thanks guys !!!
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 12-15-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Credit for this idea goes to OvRiDe and Luke22 btw. Thanks guys !!!
    *blush*

But you spelled my name wrong.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

Fixed.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Well if all goes right with the latest email I sent there may be custom fan grills on this too.

I was thinking today and am wondering where I will put the radiator. Here is my delima... I can rout it outside the case and attach it somewhere to the outside of the case or I can put it in the bottom of the case as there will be plenty of room in the bottom. If I put it in the bottom would I position the fans as a push or pull set up? As in pulling air into the case or pulling air out of the case?
    If you put it in the base of the case with fans pulling air IN, surely that'll mean that all the heat gets pushed back into the case....

EDIT: Or did I just say something blatently obvious/miss something equally obvious

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey