Thread: Need a solution

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Need a solution

The display ports I have are DVI-D Dual Link and S-Video. The monitor I have is a Dell VGA LCD. The only cable I have is a VGA cable. I need a cheap as possible solution, preferably around or under $10.

Thanks very much!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Need a solution

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/r...1CHQ52W&sr=8-1

That looks like exactly what I need, but the reviews are a bit worrying...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Most regular computer builders have these lying around all over the place - I think I have half a dozen or so - they only work with video cards which are designed to use them - which fortunately is pretty much all of them, although there are bound to be exceptions. Ask around - even pop into a local computer shop - chances are someone will have one and you won't have to mess around with postage and handling. If nothing else, if you can borrow one from a friend or colleague, at least then you'll know it'll work before you go spending anything....

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

I just can't figure out why that product has such bad reviews. Visually, it looks like the exact part I need. Hmmm. :/

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got two of those on my radeon hd3870x2, one for each of my VGA monitors and have 0 issues with them. granted they're not those exact ones, but I've got two that are different and do the same thing

My friend gave me one, haven't used it yet..
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods