Thread: Review: Thermaltake Element T

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default Review: Thermaltake Element T

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=439]Review: Thermaltake Element T [/drupal]

By Slaveofconvention

The Thermaltake Element-T is the second of the new Element series to come to us here at TBCS. A lower-cost option than the Element-G reviewed by Datech here, the T is a Mid-tower case which, according to Thermaltake, has been created for "eSports", and has a number of features not seen on most cases. Enough talk, let's put this thing through it's paces and see how it measures up. More...
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 12-05-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Default Re: Review: Thermaltake Element T

Nice review. Very well written and detailed. Can't imagine why they've got this guy as a journalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

er wot? I dunno - I just write stuff down and stuff!

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

One thing I would like to add about this case that I have discovered while working on it is that it is very easy to hit the power button with your hand if you rest it on top of the case when reaching in behind. This case is my media center and sits on the floor next to the tv and like a typical modder I can't leave it alone and am always reaching into it or behind it. I have turned it off or on many times as I forget to make sure my hand isn't on the button. Not a major deal for me as I rarely have anything up that I'm worried about losing but an inconvenience to reboot nonetheless. Other than that I love mine almost as much as I love my Coolermaster CM-690. Thanks for a great review!
    TheMainMan

Odd you should mention that. I did mean to mention the placement of the buttons does mean that this case lends itself much better to being placed on the floor under/bedside your desk, as opposed to being on top of the desk. I'm actually considering replacing my current Media Centre with this case as the sound levels generated by the 60mm fans in the Thermaltake DH101 I have at the moment are a little noticable for my liking.

Thanks for the comments and feedback though - our reviews only start with the staff opinions, it's the comments of everyone else that help make them more complete.

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey