Thread: Search Function tied to Sigs

Default Search Function tied to Sigs

I don't know if this is a feature, or if it can even be worked around, but when you use the search function it brings up posts a person has made if the word is in the signature.

Take for example I was looking up "5TB" to look for the 5TB Club thread. All the results in the search just go to x88x's posts as that is in his sig.

Not a big deal, but a heads up. I can see it being frustrating to someone new to use search only to keep getting unrelated things because the phrases are in a sig.

Edit: Sonata is another one, aside from the first two entries, that just brings up a sig.

Default Re: Search Function tied to Sigs

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to limit the Google search feature, but in those cases there is another search link higher up on the side bar that uses the vBulletin search. I tested the "5TB Club" on it and it returned 3 results, 1 of them being the 5TB Club thread, one of the other results was this thread.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hmm, interesting, I didn't know it indexed sigs...though now that I stop to think of it, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't... Anyways, for what it's worth I tried it and I also just got a list of a bunch of my posts. The text in my sig is a hyperlink to that thread though (realized just now that it was actually to a post halfway down the first page...that's fixed now ).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Hehe, after all these years I can't believe I didn't realize the searches were different. Click a button to redirect you to a search bar, or just type into the search bar; I've always just typed into the visible search bar.