Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Default Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

I started this project four months ago. I had an idea about a custom computer case with high performance and superior liquid cooling. Where I put the radiators in front, instead of stuffing them into a case. I wanted to go big. Here are some pics of the 3D model in Sketch-up.

From the beginning I wanted to get sponsored. I wanted to see how the process worked. Since I work at AMD, I had an advantage. I got to talk to the marketing department and learned what was needed. I came up with a game plan and wrote out a proposal. This process took a long time, a lot longer than I thought. I took my time and researched on writing a proposal. Got the website up and running at www.templeoffusion.com. And it paid off, big time. I got sponsored by two companies. The first being AMD, for the computer part of the build. The second, EK Water Blocks, for the liquid cooling part of the project.

Now the sponsoring part is over, time to start building. I started out by laying out the base.

Once this was done, I got the radiator brackets completed.

Then got the walls of the Temple cut out. This case is going to be huge. But I like to say, “Go big, or go home.”

I will use this thread as my worklog. I will try to updated it every week with my progress.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Welcome to TBCS and congrats on the sponsors!

This looks interesting...I love overkill. The fins in those rads look like TFC's style, and I think I see an emblem there on the side; am I right?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Welcome to TBCS and congrats on the sponsors!

This looks interesting...I love overkill. The fins in those rads look like TFC's style, and I think I see an emblem there on the side; am I right?
    Thanks for the welcome x88x.

You are right about the TFC radiators in the pic. But I will be using EK CoolStream RAD XT in the future. Just haven't gotten here in the mail yet.

Welcome, but my transistors will NEVER bow to you! Mwahahaha! *cough*

Hopefully AMD hooked you up with some wicked gear...I mean, unless they feel like losing their best employee!?!? Am I right?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Welcome, but my transistors will NEVER bow to you! Mwahahaha! *cough*
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Hopefully AMD hooked you up with some wicked gear...I mean, unless they feel like losing their best employee!?!? Am I right?
    AMD is hooking me up with some great gear. I am sure the don't want to lose me. Also learned a lot from the marketing dept, but I stay in engineering.

I did work for Intel for 6 years, but I like working for AMD.

I didn't get too much done this week, besides running to and from the store. For the wood working I got some new toys, I mean tools I got a cordless planer and circular saw. This made my life a little easier.

Got the case sides all lined up and level.

Used some clamps and the sander to even things out.

Nice toys.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

From Slovenia, With Love - 8/1/2010

I got my first package from Slovenia, and like James Bond, I get all the high tech toys. EK sent me two of their CoolStream RAD XT 480 radiators. These radiators are great quality, and are going to make the obelisks look great. Here are some pics.

I love seeing the copper.

When using the belt sander, somehow I got the cord jammed into the 6” circular part of the combo sander. Can see the aftermath.

I cannot call myself a “modder,” if I cannot fix a simple problem like this, so I ran down to Ace to pick some parts. I quickly took the sander apart, and got it fixed.

It is all fixed, and working great.

I got 98% of the pieces cut out for the project. Now I just have to get it all put together. I cannot wait for the next weekend. Here is a pic of all the pieces.

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Haha. Ace Hardware FTW!
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Sweet rads there!

You should have taken the opportunity to switch your sander over to a standard power cord jack.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV