Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Mmm, Love the PSUs.
    Oh yeah, you can never have too much power, especially LC power.

Going Slow - 11/5/2010

I am taking it real slow with my medical condition and only working on the case ~60 minutes a day. It has been a real pain not to be able to work on the case like I used too, but there has been one good thing that has happen. Going slow made me take my time with the metal etching, and it paid off big time. I finally got the door etched they way I envisioned it. Now I can finish the other doors and move onto the obelisks inside and outside details. Here is the pic of the brass door panel.

I will add in some more details to the eagles. There are going to look killer on the Temple doors. I did have a chance to transfer the obelisk's inside pattern onto the to the brass pieces. I went back in added in some more detail and black paint. They still need more paint work before etching. I hope I learned enough from the doors to make it look awesome.

I also got my pumps in for the liquid cooling system. The are the Laing D5T pumps.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

The etchings look awesome.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Fresh Paint

awesome job on the etching

The etchings look awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteClaw View Post
    awesome job on the etching
    Thanks guys. The metal etching is turning out awesome. Just getting the obelisks insides done. Will post an update soon.

Slowly Making Progress - 11/10/2010

I still cannot work on the case too much. The good thing is that the metal etching is not labor intensive. I got the flow down, and the metal pieces are turning out great. Here are the pics of the eagles for the doors. They need to be polished. I need to order another brass piece to complete the set. The door on the Temple are going to look great.

While I wait for the new brass plate for the door to come in, I moved on to the obelisk's inside brass etch piece. I had to get a bigger tank to fit the longer piece. It makes my work bench look like a mad scientist lavatory. The first piece came out great. There are a couple spots I got to touch up on, but the hieroglyphics and images came out great. Here are some pictures.

I got my paint method/technique completed for the Temple. Now I need to cut out all the pieces and then paint them. I have already gotten the base panels done with the 'dirt' paint. Here is a pic of the sample.

Here is a shot of the Temple with two PSUs and two pumps at the bottom. The case has plenty of space.

My 5970 card was pretty lonely and feeling sad. To cheer him up, I called in a couple of ladies. Oh yeah!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

The pillar etchings look great! I forget, are you gonna have two different loops?

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Bolt View Post
    My 5970 card was pretty lonely and feeling sad. To cheer him up, I called in a couple of ladies. Oh yeah!
    We are such huge nerds.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

The pillar etchings look great! I forget, are you gonna have two different loops?
    I will have two different loops for the set-up. Will be using two Laing D5T pumps. The obelisks left and right sides will have the brass etching. Then the front will be the radiator, and the back will be the fans.

We are such huge nerds.
    Guilty as charged

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

psshh...you don't need that pair of 5970's. I'll trade you straight for my 5850, that'll be much better suited. whats your address for the swap?

oh and SICK work BTW

I seriously love it when people use etching like this in their mods. makes me wish I had the patience and talent necessary to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    psshh...you don't need that pair of 5970's. I'll trade you straight for my 5850, that'll be much better suited. whats your address for the swap?

oh and SICK work BTW
    LOL! Yeah, I know a Prince in Nigeria who needs to move his money and only needs you bank account numbers

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    I seriously love it when people use etching like this in their mods. makes me wish I had the patience and talent necessary to try it.
    It took some time to get the hang of the etching but it wasn't too hard. Mostly getting the right printer and using good transfer paper. Then setting up the mad scientist lab with the copper sulfate bath.

Do you have any links or pointers to computers mods that have used metal etching? I tried searching around and couldn't find too much. I was hoping that I would be the first.