Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

congrats! nice goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    O_O.. . . Sorry, what were you saying?

Congrats on the sponsor loot!
    Thanks. A lot of great stuff. I cannot wait to put all the pieces to work.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    congrats! nice goodies!
    Thanks.

CPU & Polishing - 4/1/2011

It has been awhile since I have given an update. Sorry about that, been feeling pretty crummy the last two weeks. Also, I have not heard from the insurance yet, however they have to reply by April 6th, which is 30 days after the request. Then I can finally get the surgery and get back to a normal life

I have to thank AMD for sending me a 1100T CPU. Originally they were going to send me a 1090T CPU, but since the 1100T CPU come out, they sent me the updated CPU. Thank you AMD!!! Here is a pic.

Since I polished all the edging, I decided to polish all the brass. This turned out to be more work then I expected. First I polished everything, and the pieces with the electro-etching came out great. The blank pieces of brass didn't come out to well. So I had to start all over with the blanks and started sanding. Here are the pics after the first polishing.

It hard to see on the flat pieces, but there are small scratches everywhere. It is easier to see on the pyramids. So I got the sander out and started sanding. Here are some pics of the sanded pieces.

After the sanding came the polishing. This time there were no scratches on the brass pieces. Here are some pics after the polishing.

After the small pieces was done, I had to do the large piece of brass (36”x24”) that will go on top of the Temple. This was a pain to do, since working with a large piece with a small buffer takes some strong arm work. The good thing is I got it done, and only need to clean off the polishing compound form the piece. Here are some pics of the work.

When polishing the brass pieces, I got some wood pieces painted flat black. This is to neutralize the wood, if some how you could see it through the exterior covering, i.e. painted veneer panels or brass plating/edging. Here are the doors and top painted.

To make the brass holding pieces for the external drives and panel, I had to make some measurements. I got one of the 5970 cards and did some quick measurements to know where I can put things. Now I can order the brass sheets. Also I got a 18” metal brake to help making the brass drive holders.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heheh, Nice work with the brass, and congrats on the CPU.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heheh, Nice work with the brass, and congrats on the CPU.
    Yeah, I am looking forward to overclocking the 1100T. Hopefully I can get it stable at 5GHz with the water cooling and bumping up the voltage. Also run the DDR3 at 2133MHz.

The case is going to have a lot of brass bling on it. But it will pay off, with the shiny brass and the electro-edge panels.

Custom Title Honors

that brass is shiny enough to bring a tear to a sailor's eye.

It truly will look like a Temple with brass work like that. Looking great.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    that brass is shiny enough to bring a tear to a sailor's eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    It truly will look like a Temple with brass work like that. Looking great.
    Thanks. The money I spent on the 6” buffer wheel was well spent

Surgery, GFX, & Doors - 4/15/2011

I glad to say that I will have the neuro stimulator surgery on April 25th. I cannot wait for the surgery, and get rid of this chronic facial pain that I had for ~2.5 years now. The whole family is looking forward to the date.

I wanted to note that the domain name “templeoffusion.com” expired, and so how the auto renew from Go Daddy didn't work. I think that had an expired card on file. I got the domain back, but it will take a couple of days before I can get it up and running. For now, please go to www.6bolt.com/temple. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Now lets get to the update on the project. The next step was I had to route out the space in front of the doors. I plan on having a brass piece in front, but it needed to be flush, so the doors wouldn't hit the piece of brass. I got out the router, but only could get about 75% of the space. I had to use a Dremel to get the rest of the space. See pics below.

I am still waiting for the brass to create all the boxes that will hold the drives, I/O panel, and the water controller board. I ordered a lot of custom cut pieces and it took the company awhile to get it all done. Since I don't have a band-saw, it was easier to pay then to do the cutting. The brass pieces finally got sent out, and should be here next Tuesday.

In the mean time, I got the water blocks and back plates put onto the two 5970 GFX cards. I never have done this and was a fun experience to get everything together. The first one went slow, the the second took about ½ the time. Here are some pics of the process.

Hopefully I can make another update before the surgery. Then I can show off all the cool brass boxes and water cooling blocks that will go inside the temple.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Great news on the surgery! That's awesome!

Waterblocks look sweet too.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV