Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

ooooooShiinnnnyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Great news on the surgery! That's awesome!

Waterblocks look sweet too.
    Thanks. I cannot wait for the surgery and to be pain free

Quote Originally Posted by Ichbin View Post
    ooooooShiinnnnyyyyy
    Thanks.

Ready for Surgery - 4/22/2011

I am so ready for my surgery on April 25th. I cannot wait to be pain free, and get back to normal life, instead of being a shell of myself. I will not update for about 3 weeks while I recover. Also the www.templeoffusion.com is working again.

Before I painted the case all black, I had to get the Blu-Ray player and front I/O panel with power and reset buttons put into the case. I started off by cutting the hole for the Blu-Ray player, then moved onto the I/O panel. After the holes were cut, the I had to cut the holes into the veneer covers. Here are the pics of the process.

With the Blu-Ray and I/O panel taken care of, I can move on to painting the whole case black. The exterior will be covered with veneer or brass, but in case the wood comes through, it will be black and hidden. Then I am going to keep the inside of the case black, while all the boxes inside will be polished brass. I taped up the radiators, and painted the case. Here are the pics.

I got the last order of brass and sorted out everything. Most of the order will be the boxes I will be making to hold the Blu-Ray, I/O panel, 4 HDD, 2 SDD, and the liquid cooling controller. The other will cover up the front and back of the radiators. Here are some pics of the brass and sorting.

I started making the Blu-Ray box. The first thing was to set-up the brake. In the pics, you will see that I had to clamps holding the brake down. This didn't work and I had to run out to Ace to get some C-clamps. After that, the brake worked great. I moved on to bending and cutting the brass for the Blu-Ray player. Here are the pics.

Hopefully I can get all the other boxes done, but I have to wait and recover from surgery. See you guys in about 3 weeks.

Excellent work, though I've been under the knife recently and not been as attentive as I should be.

You work for AMD, wasn't it? They wouldn't happen to want to hook me up with 4 SE Optys would they? 4 HE Opties nearly killed me, and I know they get so much faster... Besides, finding non TLB-bugged Barcelonas-pulling teeth (I should know, my last surgery was losing all mine.)

Best of luck to on the surgery, and we'll get to be cyborgs together. My next scheduled one is to rebuild my right eye.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Excellent work, though I've been under the knife recently and not been as attentive as I should be.

You work for AMD, wasn't it? They wouldn't happen to want to hook me up with 4 SE Optys would they? 4 HE Opties nearly killed me, and I know they get so much faster... Besides, finding non TLB-bugged Barcelonas-pulling teeth (I should know, my last surgery was losing all mine.)

Best of luck to on the surgery, and we'll get to be cyborgs together. My next scheduled one is to rebuild my right eye.
    Thanks.

Sorry cannot give out any CPUs. Yeah, the TLB bug sucked back in the days of Barcelona. But new products will be coming out and already out on the market today. I am sure everyone is waiting for Bulldozer core.

Surgery Scars - 5/1/2011

The surgery went well. The only thing that happen was one of the lead wires slip, so it took another hour of surgery. In total, it was about 3 hours of surgery.

I am glad to say that the stimulator is working. This coming up Wednesday, I go in to get better stimulation programs that will greatly help with the pain. Even with the simple programs, I am seeing great benefit as the swelling goes down.

Here are some of the scars I got during surgery. The had to cut my cheeks, by the ears, and along the neck to route the wires. Then the big scar on the chest/shoulder is where the control unit is. The other old scar on my chest was from the port I had for chemotherapy. I made these links, and not photos, so people don't have to look at the scars.

http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0536.JPG
    http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0537.JPG
    http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0534.JPG
    http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0535.JPG
    http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0530.JPG
    http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0531.JPG
    http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0532.JPG
    http://www.6bolt.com/temple/worklog/...1/IMG_0533.JPG

Doctors told me that I had to wait 4 weeks before working on the Temple of Fusion. So I am taking a break for four weeks to rest and recover. Also, finally to get some normalize back into my life.
    Last edited by 6-Bolt; 05-01-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Change photos to links

Glad to hear surgery went well and the stimulator is working for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Great to hear the surgery was a success!

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Bolt View Post
    This coming up Wednesday, I go in to get better stimulation programs that will greatly help with the pain.
    Hehehe, now you just need to figure out how to interface it with your computer and program it yourself.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors

you've been assimilated. hahahah

seriously though, glad to hear the surgery went well and that it's already helping.

also, those scars really aren't that bad. looks like they put the cuts in locations where they won't be that noticeable, sort of like a good boob job, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Glad to hear surgery went well and the stimulator is working for you.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Great to hear the surgery was a success!

Hehehe, now you just need to figure out how to interface it with your computer and program it yourself.
    Next time that I go in, they are going to let me program it myself. It doesn't look to hard watching them. They just hook it up to a HP organizer and program it. Last time, I made them but in a lot of programs. With the new programs, it is working great and taking out ~95% of the pain. It is a great feeling, going from 2 years to pain to pretty much no pain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    you've been assimilated. hahahah

seriously though, glad to hear the surgery went well and that it's already helping.

also, those scars really aren't that bad. looks like they put the cuts in locations where they won't be that noticeable, sort of like a good boob job, lol.
    LOL, thanks.

I am not too worry about the scars. I have a big scar on my neck when they removed the lymph node, but you can not see it to well, since they did an excellent job!