Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Quote Originally Posted by Locum51 View Post
    Haha. Ace Hardware FTW!
    Yeah, ACE has all the hard to find stuff in a small store. They have all the M3 screws that I needed for the radiator and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x
    Sweet rads there!

You should have taken the opportunity to switch your sander over to a standard power cord jack.
    Thanks on the radiators.

You are right about the standard power cord jack. Have to remember it for next time. Thanks for the help.

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Bolt View Post
    Yeah, ACE has all the hard to find stuff in a small store. They have all the M3 screws that I needed for the radiator and fans.
    Yep! I hope the employees were as nice and friendly as the ones i work with.
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Feeling a Little Sick - 8/8/2010

I didn't get too much done this week. I am feeling 'under the weather,' so I took it easy. The only work that I got done was getting the radiator brackets and sides all finished. Got the screw holes counter-sink and the sides cut outed. Hopefully I will get it put up next weekend.

Also I got my parts case in this week. It is a Cooler Master HAF X. I got if for the back panel and all the drive bays. Here are some pics.

I should have a special post this Thursday or Friday.

wow... you bought a whole case just for parts? lol man, modding can be expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

no kiddin. I would have bought a MUCH less expensive case if I was just going to tear it apart and use it for pieces lol

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    wow... you bought a whole case just for parts? lol man, modding can be expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    no kiddin. I would have bought a MUCH less expensive case if I was just going to tear it apart and use it for pieces lol
    Yeah, just for parts. I wanted to get the extended ATX case, which only a few cases have. I could have gotten the Mountain Mods E-ATX motherboard tray, but I didn't want the fan cut out. I ask for without it, but was going to cost an extra $75 for the custom cut. After the custom MB tray, and all the other parts (i.e. hdd trays), it would cost over $200, so I just bought the HAF X case. Has everything I need now.

Well I got my package early , so making the special post today.

In the mail, I got my DDR3-2133 8gb (2 x 4gb) OCZ Flex Memory. See the pics below.

One thing I noticed that is said PC3 15000, which is 1866MHz. However, it clearly has 2133 in the product info, and on OCZ website, it states PC3-17000. I have to call OCZ to get this straighten out. Hopefully it just a misprint, but I should have the right data rate on my freaking top of the line memory sticks.

That memory is disgusting! I like it.

Tell OCZ that if they did sell the wrong memory, that as punishment, they have to send you the right stuff and send me that 15000!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    That memory is disgusting! I like it.

Tell OCZ that if they did sell the wrong memory, that as punishment, they have to send you the right stuff and send me that 15000!
    Thanks. I wanted this memory for a long time. The speed and capacity are great, and has water cooling built in. Once it pop up on Amazon, I bought it right away.

I called OCZ today. The said it was just a misprint of their labels. They are not going to do anything to fix it. Not really a big deal, just hate paying for top of the line stuff, only to see a glaring misprint. Oh well. Here is a pic of the label up close.

The Temple has Arisen - 8/14/2010

Since I was sick last week, I had a lot of work to catch up on. I first started on getting the radiator supports finally done. I counter sinked the screw holes and got the sides on. They are looking good.

Next I worked on getting the Temple put together. I had to make some notches at the bottom so the tubes for the liquid cooling can run to the reservoirs ans radiators.

Once the notches were taken care of, I put the Temple together. This thing is going to be huge.

Then the last piece that I worked on today was the top. Got it all put together. All the screws counter sinked.

Here are some end of the day pics. This case is going to be awesome!!!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looking good.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV