Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Yup, that one does exactly what I said, just makes it easier.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Yup, that one does exactly what I said, just makes it easier.
    Sorry, should have given you the credit for the wiring. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Bolt View Post
    Sorry, should have given you the credit for the wiring.
    No problem, I just wanted make sure nobody got confused and thought it was doing something more complicated.

I remember a friend of mine used to have an awesomely cludged together fileserver that he built over a few years while he was in college (thus the cludge..no budget). It was a little old P3, but it had I think 10 HDDs for a total of ~2TB, I think 3 add-in controller cards, 2 IDE and one SATA, iirc, and two cheap little PSUs. The second PSU was just kinda stuck on top, so the case wouldn't fit on...which he solved by just not putting it on at all. I guess he didn't know about this method for syncing PSUs because he had a secondary switch for the second PSU (it just powered a bunch of HDDs), and he had to make sure to always switch that on first. Oh, and the best part? This was all shoved into a tiny old uATX case. It was the most awesome blob of computer cludge I have ever seen.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Drive and Design- 9/19/2010

Well I didn't get too much done this weekend. I couldn't help myself but drive around in my new car. Here is a link about the new Dodge Challenger SRTT-8 that I got.

http://www.6bolt.com/csrt8/

The time that I did get on the case was designing the etchings that will go on the obelisks and the Temple's door. I found an Egyptian hieroglyphs font that really help me out. I will share the outside design of the obelisks. Will revel the inside and the doors later. Also, I did have time to drive done to the model train hobby shop. I ordered the model panels that I needed. Bad thing it make take up 10 days to get the panels. Hopefully I will get them late next week so I can work on the case.

Congrats one the car, it looks awesome! I love how they labelled the gas cap 'fuel'.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Congrats one the car, it looks awesome! I love how they labelled the gas cap 'fuel'.
    Yeah the car has been great. It is so much fun to just cruise around in it. It still turns heads everywhere I drive it.

Present in the Mail - 9/21/2010

Just had to share with everyone the card I got from AMD. It is a 5970 ATI reference board. I will be a great addition to the Temple of Fusion.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

yummy

Good lord that thing is huge!
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    yummy
    Thanks.

Good lord that thing is huge!
    Now you know why the case is huge. If ‘Ocho CrossfireX’ comes out, I will be ready with space needed for it with the case