Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Finished Project.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default My Finished Project.

A while ago i posted some pics of my comp on here with a bit of a description on what was done. I didnt get quite the feedback i wanted. well, now, ive up and finished the comp, and put my modding aside for a while. since those pics, ive put a window in the top of the case, rerouted wiring, new ultra x2 550 uv psu, ultra ramsinks, another 250 gb seagate hd, modded the cpu fan, 12" black light, redid intake and exhaust fans for better circ, removed 2 loud 80mm fans. (now my comp is half the noise and runs at 25C idle and no more than 30 full load after 4 hours) and added orange uv reactive wiring ramdomly in the case.

well.. let me know what you guys think of the new and complete case, and if there are things you think i shoudl improve before setting my "skills" (if i can say i have them) aside.

i would really apprecaite the feedback and constructive critiscism.

thanks.. here are some pics..

Dude...totally!

Default Re: My Finished Project.

i like the orange and blue theme. my suggestion would be to take it a step further and get more uv orange cables, and maybe even get some uv fingernail polish and highlight things like the edge of your graphics card, and things like that. on one of my old video cards i highlighted every little capacitor and resistor with green uv reactive fingernail polish and it looked really nice with the blacklights. more importantly, it didnt ruin the card, but it prolly would void the warrenty.

Fresh Paint

WOW it has a very ZUB-ZERO feelingn in it, pretty nice ;D
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Miranda\My Documents\My Pictures\mortalkombat.gif[/IMG]

the windows are very nicly done, especially the top

Looks really nice. Now that I'm on spring break I might find some time in between parties to actually do something with my case

Very nice job. 2 things though.

1) Whats with the fan grill over the HDD rack? Is there even a fan there?

2) I would take the case, wet sand the paint and then clear coat it. It might make the chrome stand out more and really top off a sweet mod.

Also I really like the blue UV and orange.

well.. let me knwo what you think of all orange wires. took me about 30 minutes to sleeve them all. i kinda like the look.

oh.. and BTW Aero... there is not a fan behind that grill. i had one, but took it out. i kept the grill there because my nephew (2 years old) is always over and he likes to stick his fingers everywhere, and he could easily fit his hand in the whole and reek havoc on the goods...

ATX Mental Case

haha the terrible 2s... i got a 2 yr old bro and he is like the nosiest kid ever, whenever he can hell put his entire hand in something
    Optimist - The glass is half full
    Pessimist - The glass is half empty
    Engineer - The glass is twice as big
    Me - There is water in a glass, deal with it

Looks good! That top window is especially nice. Can i make a suggestion tho, it's not one that's going to make me your friend anytime soon: what have you used to attach the side windows, and is there any way of getting more 'presentable' heads? If it's nuts and bolts, then there might be something you can do to make those heads nicer to look at. If we're talking rivets here...then i've probably just made you feel bad.

But appart from that, sweeeeet mod. I remember the plans too-you stuck pretty damn close! Not like me, my plans and finished products rarely look anything alike.

The mod looks really cool, but for me, the heads on those nuts need polishing or something. Just my opinion. Oh, and what about the front of the case? The only front shot you've posted is in the dark.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

well. you wanted a pic of the front of thecase... here it is. still have to wire up the blue LCD screen to display sys temp, hdd status, time, and cpu usage. and i have to get around to stealthing my drives.. i know i know. all in due time.

till then, this is where its at.....

and a lit view of inside the case with no lights other than mobo power light on...