Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to add to mods?

Fresh Paint

Default Ideas to add to mods?

Hey ive started my mod but theres not much really special about it so was wondering if any of the awesome people here had an cool ideas to integrate into my design or anyones design really if someone else is starting a mod.
    Thanks.
    Insert funny and original sig here

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Re: Ideas to add to mods?

That is way too open-ended to answer. Way too many variables. Windows? Fans? Paint? Vents? Lighting? Covers? Stands? Feet? Switches? Sleeving? Cable management?

See? Give us some more info, like more about "your design", and maybe we can come up with something.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Fresh Paint

It's supposed to be an open ended question. My design was posted here a while back which is called anasasisxenophontis but this is more for anyones mod and any ideas just to make it a bit more original. I had an idea of a spiral tube reservoir and also copper tubing but I think that's been done.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Linky: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=23922

Do you have a theme in mind, Motas?

I vote for giant robot arms and death rays.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

A pink unicorn mod would be pretty original...

I think a better question would be 'what is the most unique part of a mod you've ever seen?' or 'what is the one thing you've never seen in a mod? [within reason]' I added the 'within reason' because impossible things are still impossible...even on TBCS, if you can believe that!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    impossible things are still impossible...even on TBCS, if you can believe that!
    LIES!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    LIES!!!!!!!
    I'm inclined to agree. After seeing some of the stuff that Crimson Sky, Mach, Kayin, and craigbru (just to name a few of the more amazing off the top of my head), I'm not so sure...all it takes is the right amount of skill and dedication, and anything is possible.

...now about those giant robot arms and death rays...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Well, before going right out and asking us for suggestions, I would give us a theme or style you are going for. A little direction will go a long way for any mod.

That said, my favorite mods have always been the ones that build plates that cover all the components on the inside of the case so when it's open it looks just as clean on the inside as it does on the outside. The other thing that always looks good is a nice cable management mod. Everything cut to length and individually sleeved then tucked behind something as quickly as possible.

Fresh Paint

Idea #1

StarCraft scratch-built theme ... lots of plastic/metalwork, standard form factor be damned.

Something like a C-14 Impaler Gauss Rifle might be big enough to hold a Mini-/Pico-ATX mobo w/ integrated (or riser-card mounted) GPU, SFX/LPX PSU or battery, HDD/SSD, plus other necessary hardware. Maybe gut an old laptop or notebook? SC and SC2 system requirements can be done, although a CDROM might not really fit so you might have to run VCD software or <ahem> fix the game to run without one.

(I personally prefer the blocky dark metallic look shown 3-4 times between about 3:45 and 3:55 in this trailer.)

Lay flat on side and unfold locking side panel to reveal a cleverly hidden (armour-plated) inner keyboard/trackball? Or a compartment for mouse, stimpacks, spare U-238 rounds, etc? Alternately, you could perhaps use a C-7 P-45 Scythe Gauss Pistol (with accelerometers if you like, lol) as your pointing device.

It might look really cool with tangles of PC cabling "jacked" into it at strategic points, especially with custom military-looking connectors and sheathing, Power/Reset "trigger", LEDs/EL-wire (check out Razer Marauder w/ SC2 APM), laser pointer for targeting, maybe a strobe and the playful sounds of Terran Marine gunfire, etc ... you could build two and use your PCs to play laser tag, infrared laser tag with "nightvision" if you like, hell, you could even make it fire IrDA CIR codes at your TV.

Cooling wouldn't be an issue when using a few nice loud Terran fans, air-ducting along the barrel would be simple. If watercooling, be sure to use an oversized reservoir so that you can squirtgun people.

You might also want a pair of adjutant-style headphones somewhat like these

Um - I don't know what you would do about the display. You could use a small (G15-ish) LCD somewhere on the rifle (à la Aliens ammo readout) but it wouldn't be good for main use ... maybe useful for hardware monitor, cosmetic ambience, and "imaging scope" fed from front webcam, I dunno.

You can haul this sucker out again circa 2027 when Blizzard releases SC3, lol.

You might have a hard time explaining it to cops at any roadchecks on the way to a LAN ...

Booya! You want a piece of me, boy?
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.