Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: need help with raditor.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: need help with raditor.

Well that's definitely a problem...though the fact that a large bubble was able to collect in the rad makes me question its design..how do you have it mounted? I would still recommend getting more rad space (either another rad or replace the existing with a bigger one), but at least your CPU temps seem to be ok now. Granted, that's about the temps I got on my Q9450 with the stock cooler, but they're not dangerous at all, just makes the liquid cooling seem a bit superfluous. What temps is your GPU getting?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Well that's definitely a problem...though the fact that a large bubble was able to collect in the rad makes me question its design..how do you have it mounted? I would still recommend getting more rad space (either another rad or replace the existing with a bigger one), but at least your CPU temps seem to be ok now. Granted, that's about the temps I got on my Q9450 with the stock cooler, but they're not dangerous at all, just makes the liquid cooling seem a bit superfluous. What temps is your GPU getting?
    The bubble was probably in a plenum chamber. My 240 rad has one for whatever stupid reason they thought it needed one. (Probably because there aren't a lot of radiator features companies can boast about.) It doesn't affect performance at all as it's above the tubing and fins, but it can cause unwanted noise. When I refill my loop I unscrew my rad and rotate it so the nozzles are at the top, after the air bleeds I mount it again with nozzles on the bottom. Failing to do so results in the soft sound of water trickling.

Depending on what the ambient temp is, 50s under load is fairly good. My temps swing so wildly with the seasons that I have to lower my OC in the summer and can crank it much higher in the winter. If I left it stock it would be about 34C (12C ambient) in the winter and about 55C (28C ambient) in the summer under 100% load.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    i will also chime in, if your water cooling your hdd's take them out as they are doing nothing but adding extra heat to your loop. also your very likely under radded.
    actually the HDD acts like a heatsink of sorts for the wc loop, it actually takes heat from the loop and heats up your HDD lol. so actually it may benefit your loop a non-significant amount, but not your hdd

just take it out, your drive runs much cooler without it

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    actually the HDD acts like a heatsink of sorts for the wc loop, it actually takes heat from the loop and heats up your HDD lol. so actually it may benefit your loop a non-significant amount, but not your hdd

just take it out, your drive runs much cooler without it
    ya i guess since the drives likely run cooler, they act as heatsinks lol.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

wat do u know...... back up to to high temps. no im on 50c at idle again acordding to speedfan and 44c to coretemp. its 90 degress here where i live today. the room tempture afftects my system alot. the other day i was at 40call day. 70c when watchin the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

ditch the hdd coolers, get a bigger rad, and possibly a better cpu block - what one do you have?

i have a koolance cpu block .this one http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roducts_id=115 and a dander den maze 5 gpu block. i might try getting a bigger rad.also i have a motherboard cover do u guys think that might affect it alot?

heres a pic of my case.

Photobucket

The MBB cover won't affect your CPU temps. The CPU block you have isn't stellar, but it's pretty good.

What CPU, GPU, and rad are you using? The most efficient 1x120 rad I know of is the Black Ice SR1, and even it I wouldn't trust to do for more than ~100-150W of component heat.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

i have a atholon x2 5000 black edition and a ati radeon xfx HD-465X gpu. that pic makes the case looook gay!haha

Hmm, ok, that's less power to dissipate than I was expecting..though, looking closer, that Athlon puts out a lot more heat than I would expect..I guess it's that 90nm die. Going off a quick search, it looks like the 4650 would top out at about 86W and the 5000 at about 170W, so that's a total of 256W that we're going to potentially have to get rid of (granted it'll rarely if ever quick get that high and no cooling system will be able to get rid of all of it, but it gives a good starting point). For context, my system is a Core2Quad Q9450 (125W) and a GeForce GTX260 (182W) for a max of 307W possible, and when I was running with 2 1x120mm Black Ice GTX rads (granted with not-too-good airflow, but still), I was getting temps in the upper 50's/lower 60's on my CPU and peaking in the mid 60's on my GPU. TBH though, it sounds like your biggest problem right now is the ambient. If you can pull the ambient down and at least double your rad space, I think you'll see some great temp changes.
    --Benjamin Franklin