Default Re: Project Stealthlow

this thing is turning out awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    They look awesome, I can't wait to see the top.
    Thanks 88 .

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    this thing is turning out awesome!
    Thanks billygoat .

Ugh the man flu left me with a nasty cough so not really been on top form since the 1st also my sleep pattern has flipped upside down again, tried to put that right last night but fell asleep at about 7 am when I should have gone over to the garage & put a day of modding in, so I woke up at 7 pm lol so I'll do a bit on the case today & re start at 6 or 7 am, go at it all day & have the sleep pattern fixed & a bit more progress .

For the curved bend I'm going to use some spare flat bar to test how well it goes & how well it stays in it's form, I was going to form a joining piece at the top back out of solid square bar & tap it but I think it would be best to get some 20x20mm square acrylic bar, form it, drill it & push nut inserts into it, I just think it would be the easier & more reliable option for a semi pemanent joint.

If I do decide to go with acrylic to join the curved pieces to the top back then that will cause a small delay, but I could do a couple of other bits so no time would be wasted .

Alright, I tried out the bending jig on some spare flat bar, used 3 clamps to hold it in place, thought it might snap & give me a mighty slap in the face lol, I think the way to make it so it doesn't spring back so much will be to use a piece of wood & a mallet to whack the bar against the jig bit by bit, then it might keep the form I'm after, simply way too much tension in the bar which would make it lose form massively to do it any other way, but yeah it seems a faily simple process , the hard part is making the bar the correct length, but I can get around that by cutting the bar with 50mm longer than I think I need & then cut it down to exact size needed .

I got the form but not sure if I'll let it pass & take up Attila's tip about getting a roller or Kojak's awesome offer of rolling it for me , if I go with the roller I'll need to make a new jig also so I can take the curve from the roller & align the curve correctly, but I could keep on doing all the rest while I save up, I really shouldn't be spending any more for a bit so the roller might have to wait a couple of months before I can spend any more on it, undecided.
    Heres what I managed through over bending, just not sure the acrylic piece will match for a flush finish but I could remake the jig so it does match .

And here it is with both bars to perfect form woo hoo , just needs fixing to the base & the back panel & then I have my template for the mobo tray & side panels .
    Used a big stew pan to perfect the curve .

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

looking good!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Nice job on that curve!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

gret progress i love what you have done so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!