Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Stealthlow

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project Stealthlow

The curved bars added a little unsquareness as expected so I need to get it squished a tiny bit so it's in perfect square form so I can get the accurate curve line for the motherboard tray, this bit really needs doing to keep the squareness of the case, so really I need to make a jig for a jig for a jig lol, I'll have it sussed & done soon, I could simplify this part but it would be a gamble for it being perfect so I'll go for the j4aj4aj , had to take a break to have a think of a solution & the day is still young so I'll get started on it in a mo .

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Looking great. Good luck with that j^3.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Looking great. Good luck with that j^3.
    Thanks 88 .

OK here is the jig to keep the case in correct position so I can mark the motherboard tray panel.

Here it is in the jig.

The rest of the 4mm sheet.

Cut to required size & this picture shows how much the curve bars are pushing it quite unsquare hence the need for the jig .

Lined it up which was quite fiddly to get in the exact spot but got there & marked the curve.

Jigsaw time .

Cut done.

Filed down to precise size using a rough half circle file, then a medium, then soft & forgot to file the bit at the top out where the connector pieces are so went back & filed it out.

Woo hoo, motherboard tray panel ready for mounting which I'll try & get done tomorrow .

Very nice. How are you going to be connecting that panel?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Very nice. How are you going to be connecting that panel?
    Angle bars connected to the bottom of the mobo panel & the rear of the panel which will make it keep it's square form & possibly a couple of support bar bits connected to the curve bar if needed but kinda doubt I'll need to add support bars to the curve as it's a perfect fit so might be able to get away with not adding more holes to the curve .

Well got about 4 hours in today so not bad but nothing like the days when I'm up at 6am & put a solid 8 to 12 hours in .

The jig can hold in the case upright lol but put a plank of chipboard for a little extra support, spent most of the time lining up the mobo tray with the curve bars so it doesn't need forcing in so started marking the areas that need shaving down a bit shaving bit by bit off & re marking over & over about 10 or more times until it naturally slid in, so got the mobo side of the case nice & square now even without it properly fixed in place with angle bars, but the other side is unsquare by a little but that will be fine once the side panels are made , when taken out of the jig the mobo tray stays in place which says it is doing it's job of keeping it square like in the jig .

So once I got that done I started on the side panels, they were already to rough size needed but needed straightening by filing away, so marked a perfectly straight line to file down to & got busy, my right forearm is like popeye's now lol , the next pic shows the side panels filed to size with 2x 3mm flatbars also & it's nice & ready to get them marked up, cut & filed & the 2nd pic shows how it's to precise size , actually when I think about it I could make it so the side panels click into place rather than use bolts but either way They will need a little handle of some sort on them so I can remove them .

I'm leaving the acrylic curve piece until I have the metal work ready so I can make an accurate as possible curve .

Looks great!
    --Benjamin Franklin

Thanks 88 , I'm gonna drink a couple pints of water before I crash out tonight so I wake up early , I'm eager to get the mobo tray fixed on & get the basic form of the side panels .

Only got 2 hours in today, the natural alarm clock did nothing this time lol.

Left panel cut to rough shape.

Right panel cut to rough shape.

All 3 panels but the side panels only got filed to a rough form of what they need to be so I'll be filing to exact shape tomorrow as I got kicked out of the garage so my dad can get some excercise lol .

Where are the little ones going?
    --Benjamin Franklin