Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBay Listing, especially for those of you "blessed" with children...

Default Re: EBay Listing, especially for those of you "blessed" with children...

It depends on the damage to the tub itself. There's definitely a point where any normal kid should stop and realize how much damage they are causing, even when lost in the moment. But I mean.. you're watching the entire time. The very second something chips or breaks it definitely registers in your head.

When I was a younger lad, I shot a paintball gun into my closet. It made a cool sound and made a perfect hole. It was... pretty awesome, honestly. So I did it again. And again. Then I did it really rapidly a whole bunch of times. ...yeah...

I also took a pool stick and made holes in the ceiling. My parents must have hated raising me. lmao

Edit: I also lit the kitchen floor on fire with massive amounts of hairspray. And I blew the door halfway off the microwave because I wanted a hard boiled egg. XD

Default Re: EBay Listing, especially for those of you "blessed" with children...

This thread is one shining example of why my choice NOT to have kids was the correct one.

LOL!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I also lit the kitchen floor on fire with massive amounts of hairspray. And I blew the door halfway off the microwave because I wanted a hard boiled egg. XD
    I never set anything on fire as a child...well, not inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
    Yeah, my friends showed me that trick where you can light hairspray on fire while holding it in your hand. I... decided to step it up a bit. I mean if a little bit is cool, then a lot has got to be a sensory overload of awesomeness, right?

So I dumped an entire bottle out on the floor. And lit it.

WOOOOSHHH!

That sucker was freaking scary! It ruined the floor, too. I was just like... uh... idk how that happened. lmao

Let's just say I was on a first name basis with the local fire chief at age 7...

haha I set sooo much stuff on fire in the house. It didn't help that we had a coal fire - was just another fire toy to play with...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    Let's just say I was on a first name basis with the local fire chief at age 7...
    I lived in a group of 3 story apt. buildings (10 between the 2 complexes). It was my mission as a kid to see flames dance above those buildings. Only took me 2 try's. I also found out that merry go rounds would melt.

EDIT: I knew as a kid that fires in the house were bad, so I never played with fire indoors. I left that for my sister and tried to clean up after her mess until she blamed it on me, and being the firebug I was _outside_, my mom believed her. I never helped her clean up again.

They say that your kids pay you back 10 fold for the crap you did to your parents. I avoided that whole scene on purpose.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I always just played with fire outside...of course, by the time I was playing with fire, my back yard was 20 acres of (mostly) woods. Plenty of space to blow stuff up/set stuff on fire/etc safely and away from anything that would break.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

funny, the first thing i thought out when i first heard about those toys when they came out was sharping the metal sides and letting it loose on various things in the house

as for my childhood i was no fun to the say the least. when i was 3 years old i took down doors, well the middle and bottom hinge. broke, cut, smashed various things. took a hammer to a tube tv, surprisingly it only put a chip in the glass, but never broke. played with fire NUMEROUS times.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    The fire chief knew me at that age...still does. My father isn't the chief, but he is an officer in the local volunteer fire & rescue.