Thread: You Never Know When It's Your Time

Default You Never Know When It's Your Time

I just found out that an old friend of mine passed away last night. We used to hang out a lot. We even survived having a mutual ex-boyfriend (ordinarily an end-of-friendship kind of thing). Neither of us ended up with him; he actually married another one of our friends.

Anyway, Liz was in a pretty horrible car accident several months ago. She had been staying at home most of the time since then and was just getting back on her feet when she died from prescription medications interacting with each other. She was going to be 30 in May. She had plans to go back to school this fall and finish her degree.

You never know how short or how long your life will be.

Default Re: You Never Know When It's Your Time

i'm sorry to hear this... its never easy when losing someone you know/love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

this is very true, I just lost my cousin the 26th. He turned 29 on the 18th of january and has a 6 month old son. That is about all I can say without getting too choked up here at work.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
    You never know how short or how long your life will be.

That's a fact. I've lost friends unexpectedly also. Times like that I wonder what my life would be if I really lived it like it could end the next day. Because it could. In fact, someday it will.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it's a bad place to be.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I'm sorry for your loss. You have my condolences and prayers.

It really is scary sometimes how quickly life can be snatched away. A co-worker of mine died a few months ago at 26..survived his first bout with cancer, only to succumb when it came back a few years later. I have to say though, during those few years that I knew him, he lived more than some people I know do in 10 times that amount of time. Almost like he knew his time was limited, and had to really make every second count.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Thanks guys. Sorry for everyone's losses. It is tough whenever someone close to you passes away. I won't be able to make it home for her funeral but all her friends are getting together friday evening . It'll be a sad reunion for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
    Thanks guys. Sorry for everyone's losses. It is tough whenever someone close to you passes away. I won't be able to make it home for her funeral but all her friends are getting together friday evening . It'll be a sad reunion for us.
    I wasn't trying to take the thunder from your thread btw just expressing I know how you feel.. i didnt make that very clear im sorry
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Snowman, I didn't think you were trying to take my thunder. I just wanted to offer my condolences to you and to anyone else who has lost someone recently. It's sad, but death is a part of life. I hope your family is doing okay.