Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Integration Project

Default Re: Integration Project: Stage 3

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Thanks for the input on the PocketPC, but I have no idea what i'd use it for, so it's not likely to get used. I'm also poor at the moment, just like everyone else on the boards, because i've left my job due to my health.
    Oh sorry. I hope you get well soon.

Poor modders... it's a topic. hahaha young, poor, modder.... hahaha Sometimes i think in how much a new case project cost and how much a new PC cost.... Maybe i could change my system even more if i left it with the beige case.... oh no beige puaj...!!

You could get an el-cheepo with a MMC input and use a cheap wifi MMC card...

Then again I currently own a 300mhz, wifi/bluetooth PDA, and its growing dust, i hate the thing... its like a phone, without phone capabilities, but slower, and constantly running outa batteries (wifi eats it)...

Then agian the idea of controlling a computer, reading RSS feeds, seeing your download stats, and having a messenger would be cool

The Integration Project is Over.

I've been far too busy to work on the Integration Project anymore, and when i get time, i've got other things that I want/need to work on. I've become heavilly involved in helping to run this fine website, I'm in my 3rd Year at Uni now (and getting royally punished by the workload), I work part time, and spend 2 days a week driving my Girlfriend to college. As such, i don't have the time anymore to develop this any further.

The Integration Project is therefore complete. I had never imagined an 'endpoint' for this, it was going to just grow and grow, so i guess now is as good a time as any to say "I won't officially work on this anymore."

In terms of my overall aims, this was a complete failure. In terms of my original aims, it's a roaring sucess. I have a dual-monitor setup with 2 computers, a single keyboard and mouse, and everything else that i need all around one little desk.

I'll post finished pics sometime soon that will let you guys see where i actually got to, and how it all works.

But from now on, i'm concentrating on the mods. Therefore, i'm re-naming the Integration Project Stage 1: to "The TIP-3000" and i'm renaming this to "The Integration Project". Stage 2, when it starts, will be called something along the lines of "The VD Information System" (or vault dweller's information system), or maybe something else if Bethesda suggests a name for me.

The Integration Project has evolved into something else. Some of the base ideas still exist, and plan to follow through with them. I'll explain these as and when they happen. But for now, i'm calling it quits and saying this is, well, done.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave me support and ideas through this, and a special thanks to those of you so curious about this that you took the time to e-mail/PM me to find out what i was upto. You guys keep me alive and stop me from procrastinating!

Another update will follow, and then i'm calling it quits. I'll move this thread to the completed worklogs section.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Anodized

Default Re: Integration Project

simple yet effective
    Cake or death?
    Cake please.
    Well we are all outta cake!
    So my choice is "or death?"
    -Eddie Izzard

Fresh Paint

Looks great Dave, my girlfriend quickly informed me that there was a toilet in one of the pics, Im not sure if she seen anything else, but she definately saw a toilet. Seriously, it looks good, and its amazing how an extra shelf or slight mod to a desk can make everything look better and be so functional.
    ~St3ph3n C00p3r~

I really need to finish updating the thread...lol.

You are correct, there is a toilet next to my PC.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!