Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class

Default Re: USS EURISKO - Intrepid Mark II Class

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Looking better with every update dude! I wonder if you can provide me with a Trekkie insight into something seeing as it's a prominent part of your build. Why do the warp nacelles move in some ships before they go to warp? What's the story behind that meant to be as not all vessels even have that configuration do they... While you're at it, exactly what are the nacelles? I've seen the energy cores onboard in many episodes of varying series but I don't have the slightest clue how it's meant to be turned into propulsion!

I hope you do, consider it a challenge as I'm intrigued lol
    Oh you didnt just ask me that ! Sweet ! Here goes:
    The warp core is actually called the gravimetrical field displacement manifold and is used to create a bubble around the ship that would not react with normal space time hence bypassing the time-dilation issue with faster then (or close to) light travel. The Warp nacelles are the variable geometry warp coils or generators, so the official title for the warp nacelles is (and here goes) :
    Variable geometry - gravimetrical field displacement - coil or generators.

To get a clear picture of what they do, take this analogy. ever seen those high divers at the olympics? triple backflips with double screws when they jump of a 10 meter high ledge? Gotta give them respect, I made a bad dive (2 meters) once and landed flat on the water. Man that hurt! Because the water is hard like concrete when I fell through because of the water tension. In the olympics you can see multiple little fountains splattering on the water just a couple of feet from where the divers actually hit the water. Why is that I always wondered until I found the answer. The breaking of the water surface tension by the water fountains made the smack the diver makes on the water MUCH less hard and actually could make the difference between life or death if the dive went bad.

So the Warp field does the same it actually softens up the space time continuum around it exposing subspace (like the fountains break the water tension for the diver and opens up the path to the deeper water) making the warp bubble with the vessel flow through space-time noticing almost no "friction". Untill you come upto warp 9.9999 with warp 10 being the end of the warp scale. (the borg had transwarp tech which makes a wormholes through subspace instead of using a lubricating warp bubble to flow through it)

I also have not found any other ship that uses the movable warp nacelle configuration. Maybe the prometheus class but i have not seen that in action, only on pictures.

To be homest i could think of the warp bubble being better aligned with the ship at warp speed. The warp nacelles are actually located under the saucer at impulse and in the middle of the ship when raised. But I have to agree it probably was the designers trying to find a way to differentiate from all other starfleet vessels and ... IT JUST LOOKS JUMMY !

Hope this satisfies your curiosity and the challenge is met ?
    Thansk for making me think and do research (I love doing research)

Best
    ASPHIAX

One final note : Miguel Alcubierre submitted a paper on real life warp drive !

It is shown how, within the framework of general relativity and without the introduction of wormholes, it is possible to modify a spacetime in a way that allows a spaceship to travel with an arbitrarily large speed. By a purely local expansion of spacetime behind the spaceship and an opposite contraction in front of it, motion faster than the speed of light as seen by observers outside the disturbed region is possible. The resulting distortion is reminiscent of the ``warp drive'' of science fiction. However, just as it happens with wormholes, exotic matter will be needed in order to generate a distortion of spacetime like the one discussed here.

I solved the problem with the huge "sunroof" bleeder and those on the sides.
    I will use a reflective insulation tape (actually layed the plastic underfloor in my living room with this) It weighs nothing compared to the thick layer of filler, it seals all the bleeders, it reflects the warmth coming from the hardware inside the case preventing the foam to become an insolator and also reflects the light from the leds so the inside is better lit.

Creds to Munty for the exellent tip! Thansk bro!

Just wanted to share this pic before sealing all the bleeders.
    EVIL SMILIE !!!

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
    Untill you come upto warp 9.9999 with warp 10 being the end of the warp scale. (the borg had transwarp tech which makes a wormholes through subspace instead of using a lubricating warp bubble to flow through it)

ok, if that's the case, then why, in the final episode of the next gen, was the future enterprise able to run at warp 13 and then turn around and run back at "maximum warp"?

oh yeah, this build is turning more magnificent than i originally thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    ok, if that's the case, then why, in the final episode of the next gen, was the future enterprise able to run at warp 13 and then turn around and run back at "maximum warp"?

oh yeah, this build is turning more magnificent than i originally thought it would.
    I Knew I had to put that in, but descided not to mention it.

There is also a TNG episode that features a very old picard that has to go to a specific place in the neutral zone in 3 different time periods. The timeperiod with the 80 something year old picard also had beverly crushers ship fly at warp 13.
    In the VOY episode threshold the warp barrier is set at 10 , with 10 being infinite velocity. At infinite velocity you would be at every point in the universe at the same time. Paris and Janeway actually have children in this episode. Fantastic!
    Dont know if they just changed the scales or this is one of the few inconsistencies between the series. At least I always believed they tried very hard to keep all the details in line.
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post

On another note, the shape of the Defiant would probably make it a much easier casemod lol
    But not such a challenge !
    thansk man !

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Dont know if they just changed the scales or this is one of the few inconsistencies between the series. At least I always believed they tried very hard to keep all the details in line.
    Thanks !
    Ah this I CAN help with - pretty sure it was explained in one of the books altho I can't recall which one.

Basically as they tweaked more and more speed out of the engines, it got to the point where they were going at 9.99999 or 9.999999 (the latter being double the actual speed of the former) which was pretty much impossible to keep track of so the scale WAS recalculated on a 1-20 scale where 1 was the SOL and 20 was infinite speed.

one of the few inconsistencies between the series.
    Cmon man - I LOVE trek - always have, but the inconsistencies between the series were legion lol - then again, it's fiction so that's absolutely ok with me

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Man... R2 has some competition....
    Not dead yet

Hey Asphiax,

First, let me just say I love what you've done here. And I am in no way, shape, or form qualified to make suggestions. But the panel you are going to use for monitoring, has a typo. It has the ship class spelled Entrepid, when it should be Intrepid. I know it's a silly observation, but there are trek heads out there that will fry you if you leave the typo in there.

Good answer man! I'm enlightened The diving analagy is a good one, I will now forever think of Trekkie propulsion as more of a 'sucked into low pressure spacetime' thing than a 'pushed really fast through space'

BUT!!! I believe Voyager had moving nacelles too... They didn't go far but I'm sure they moved a little didn't they? Come on, I'm no trekkie but I'd still like a point in the quiz

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    Ah this I CAN help with - pretty sure it was explained in one of the books altho I can't recall which one.

Basically as they tweaked more and more speed out of the engines, it got to the point where they were going at 9.99999 or 9.999999 (the latter being double the actual speed of the former) which was pretty much impossible to keep track of so the scale WAS recalculated on a 1-20 scale where 1 was the SOL and 20 was infinite speed.
    UBER Trekkie Knowledge ! Respect! Thanks for clearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    Man... R2 has some competition....
    Thansk, the R2's out there are of extraordinary quality. Hope I can get to the same level!

Quote Originally Posted by Okele View Post
    Hey Asphiax,

First, let me just say I love what you've done here. And I am in no way, shape, or form qualified to make suggestions. But the panel you are going to use for monitoring, has a typo. It has the ship class spelled Entrepid, when it should be Intrepid. I know it's a silly observation, but there are trek heads out there that will fry you if you leave the typo in there.
    OH ****! I was about to send the final design to the CNC guy. Thanks ever so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    Good answer man! I'm enlightened The diving analagy is a good one, I will now forever think of Trekkie propulsion as more of a 'sucked into low pressure spacetime' thing than a 'pushed really fast through space'

BUT!!! I believe Voyager had moving nacelles too... They didn't go far but I'm sure they moved a little didn't they? Come on, I'm no trekkie but I'd still like a point in the quiz
    Yes the Voyager vessel is next to the EURISKO (doesnt actually exist in the star trek realm, something I came up with) vessel the only one that have moving nacelles as far as I know. The EURISKO is actually based on the Voyager with Ablative armour (from the last episode where they kick some Borg butt) I should have been more clear, sorry!