Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ummm...wait, whaaat!?!?!??!?! ...I hate corporations...

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Ummm...wait, whaaat!?!?!??!?! ...I hate corporations...

i've found everytime i've lost a job or quit, that even though it's hard times in the interim, i always end up someplace better. it sucks being let go, especially if you aren't prepared for it, but have faith brutha, there's somethingbetter waiting for you. good luck.

I wish I could say this is an uncommon event, but as you probably already know... its not. I don't know how many times I have seen someone in my company laid off is a similar fashion. Then a week or so later notice they are hiring someone in a different dept to do something similar, or well with in the qualifications of the person they let go. Funny thing is usually its turns into some scramble to get someone in there ASAP when a little simple forethought would have dictated to move that person into that slot. Talk about a waste of time and effort. Everything now revolves around budgets and numbers and not so much thinking and people.

I'm really sorry to hear they let you go, it really sucks.. but as xr4man stated, it could just be the thing you needed to get you into a better more fulfilling job. Stay positive and who knows maybe your headed onto bigger and better things and that old place was just holding you back! I haven't been laid off but once, but in hind sight, it did lead me to bigger and better opportunities.

Hang in there!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Thanks for the support. I'm hoping that you're right, and I end up somewhere better. TBH, I had been wanting to get out of the industry I was in anyway...too much paranoia and suspicion...so maybe this was for the best. And I did get four weeks severance pay, so that take a bit of the panic off. I do have a few positions lined up that I'm applying for, so hopefully some of them will pan out. I'll keep you all updated on what happens.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Good luck with the new positions... and sorry to hear about the layoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER